Chapter 26 | The Sleepover Part 1

Recap: The gang wants to do a secret Santa, Mason talked to Bella about the reason Tyler and Daniel have a feud, Bella and Tyler skipped class and watched The Boss Baby, Bella found herself in trouble with Carl and the chapter ended with her fainting.

Chapter 26 | The Sleepover Part 1

"How's she doing doc?"

"She seems to be doing alright, she's stable, luckily there weren't any broken ribs or anything."

"God, only a sicko would do something like this"

"Good thing you were there mate, who knows what would've happened."

"Do you have any idea when she might wake up?"

"I'm sorry I don't, but if it's any consolation it'll be soon."

"Okay thank you, Ellen, is there anything else we should know?"

"There is one thing that troubles me. Whilst I was changing her bandages I noticed a lot of bruises and scars, an unhealthy amount, some new, naturally from what she went through but these bruises and scars were too much for it all to be from today."

"So what are you thinking?"

"I don't know. I've only ever seen this in cases of..."

"Of what?"

"Nevermind, I'm sure it's nothing."

"Well come to think of it, she does a lot of martial arts and plays soccer. She said she got in a fight with some girls on the soccer team."

There was a pause. "I suppose that could be it. Anyway, I would advise that you keep her here if possible. Otherwise, I'll have to visit her home."

"None of us knows where she lives, she's super private."

"Huh, interesting, well never mind that I can always check her records."

"So she'll be okay then right?"

"Yes, she will. Let me know what she decides about where she will stay until her recovery."

"Okay, thanks doc."

"Anytime."

"Let me walk you out Ellen."

There was silence for a few minutes until the sound of the door broke it. "She said to contact her when she wakes up. Gosh, this is terrible, who'd do such a thing? It's a good thing we came back yesterday."

"I'll say."

"Guys, what d'you think Izzy'll decide?"

"I don't know, I'd rather she stay 'cause none of us know where she lives."

"It'd be a sleepover! And Tess and Ali could join! Ouch! Hey! What was that for?"

"For being a dumbass, she's lying unconscious and you're talking sleepover nonsense."

"Fine sheesh, I'm sorry for trying to brighten up the mood." The strangely familiar whine of a boy said.

I wanted to open my eyes but they felt like they were glued shut. The familiarity in the faint voices drove me to see their faces. I tried again.

Come on, come on, just open your eyes dammit!

And I did. Light filtered into my retinas and I let out a groan. I close my eyes and open them again. "Bella?" A voice calls out. I sit up and wince and touch my stomach. I scan the room and realize I'm in Tyler's room. I look to the side and see my friends huddled in a corner with Rosalie in front.