Anticipated scales

Mulai dari awal

She raised her hand to his forehead but he stepped to the side, skidding his elbow on the edge of the train.

"Shit-" he looked down at his bleeding arm.

"Woah, are you okay?" She stepped closer to him and went to grab his arm to see but he stepped the other side again, bumping into the old rusty railing.

Darling tilted her head at him, "hey, what's up?"

"I'm fine" he nodded with a forced smile.

Just be normal, stop acting weird- you've been physically closer to her before, stop being so strange, he reminded himself, hating how he kept thinking about that look in her eye when he was pushed up against her that he kept telling himself that he must have just imagined.

"Okay, then let me see your arm" Darling held out her hand but he just brushed her off and went to walk through the door, her slipping in front of him to stand in front of it first.

"Come on, let me see your arm you big baby" she chuckled at his strange behaviour.

"You're blocking the door" he raised an amused eyebrow.

"I'm aware, it's a apart of my master plan to get you to show me your frigging elbow" she reached for his arm, accidentally tripping over his foot when he moved out of the way and falling forward into the railing again as Morgan turned and caught her arm to hold her up.

"Oh shit- are you okay?"

Darling chuckled as she pulled herself to her feet and nodded, "you really are just trying to kill me today, aren't you?"

"I promise I'm not- is your arm okay?" He saw her rub her elbow that she knocked on the railing.

"Actually it hurts a bit, could you take a look at it?"

"Of course" Morgan's concern took over his rational thinking as he stepped closer to her, crouching down and going to pick up her elbow but she snuck past his arm and pushed him into the rusty, half broken railing to look at the back of his arm.

"What are you doing?" He couldn't help his laughter.

"Ah ha!" She laughed, "my master plan did work- your arm is scraped."

"Good analysing there doctor" Morgan spoke sarcastically and rolled his eyes as he turned to face her, suddenly very aware of how close they were.

Stop it, she's your friend, she's allowed to be close to you-

His thoughts were interrupted by that look flashing across her face again as she looked up at him in the close proximity before clearing her throat awkwardly and stepping back- tripping on the wine bottle and falling into the one sturdy railing, accidentally dragging Morgan with her.

"We've got to stop meeting like this" Darling joked the blush off her face, aware of one of his hand on her waist and the other on the railing.

"You set up a death trap with that bottle" Morgan attempted to joke back, standing them both up but his watch getting caught on the back of her shirt and almost ripping it as he tried to move his arm away.

"You've got to be kidding me" he mumbled under his breath.

"Don't rip Brandon!" Darling couldn't help her laughter at the ridiculous of the situation as Morgan turned her around to try to get his watch uncaught on the fabric, Darling unsure of why him forcefully turning her around against the bars made the heat on her face grow more- having to convince herself it it was just the weather of course.

"I'm more worried about cutting you with my watch than trying to not rip 'Brandon' but- shit!" Morgan tried to explain, leaning down closer to her to try to intricately get the threads out when suddenly the train increased in speed and he lost his footing- falling backwards into the rusty railing that wasn't taking the constant pressure on it well and snapped, sending him flying back off the train, accidentally dragging Darling with him.