30 - we must be soulmates

"It was embarrassing!" Selene laughed, in the arms of her boyfriend. "Oh, I have embarrassed myself countless times in front of old Sluggy. I have no shame!" James said, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

"You cannot even see ultra violet, I cannot believe I put that." Selene shook her head. The couple were sitting in the common room after hours. Talking about the work sheet they did together at the start of term. Squeezing into the loveseat by the fire to stay warm. "We go to a school of magic, why couldn't it be possible? I mean we could use magic to try and reveal it." James shrugged, twirling a strand of her hair.

"No, I don't think so."

"Hmph."

A thought came to James' mind, he smirked playfully before saying, "You know, on that paper we also wrote our patronus'. At the time yours was an Occamy. But, Sel, don't think I didn't spot you producing a doe."

The brunette's eyes widened, "You saw that?" she said quietly. "Oh yes, but, don't worry I thought it was adorable. We must be soulmates, we are matching now!"

Selene said nothing in response but just kept her eyes trained on the dying fire. The common room was deserted. Not a soul left but the two teenagers.

"I owled Mum and Dad." James whispered, "I wanted to tell them, I hope it was okay."

Selene smiled and looked up to see him already looking down at her, "It is."

"Good, because Mum was out of her mind. She was so excited. Rambling on about how much she loves you, apparently you two exchange letters?"

"Of course, I like your mom. Arguably more than you. Sorry to break it to you, I am only with you because of Euphemia."

James brought his hand up to his heart in mock heartbreak. "You wound me, Ray."

"How did your dad respond?"

"He didn't say much, considering it was mostly Mum rambling on and on about you. But, he did say that you were cool and told me in his words, 'Way to go son, I knew you had it in you!'"

Selene laughed, "Anyways, how is everything with Remus? I am totally on his side but do you think him and Sirius will make up?"

"Remus told you?"

"Yes, that's why we snuck off." Selene admitted.

"Cool, cool," James said, "Uh, yeah, I think they will. What Sirius did was messed up but Moony is Moony he will forgive. I hope it is soon though, I took Remus' side of course, but I have also been talking to Sirius too. That's why I was sitting by him at breakfast. I was getting the whole story and then I switched back to Rem. I miss just hanging with everyone, you know?"

"Yeah, I do," Selene smiled sadly, "They will work it out hopefully but if not, you will figure it out."

"Thank you," James whispered, leaning down to place a chaste kiss in her hair."

"Ithinktheylikeeachother." James blurted out suddenly.

"What?"

"I think they like each other." James repeated.

"You think who likes who?" Selene asked looking up slightly, struggling a bit since she was trapped in James' embrace, (Not that she was complaining!)

"Sirius and Remus!"

"Oh, I know!" Selene said in a sing-song voice, "I figured it out in fifth year. I say go them!"

"I like them together, it works."

"Yeah, if they get to it. I mean didn't you notice a few months ago the amortentia?"

"Where Sirius smelled himself?" James raised a brow, wondering where she was going.

"He didn't smell himself! He smelled-," Selene was about to say it but thought otherwise, not wanting to be a snitch, well a complete snitch.

"Wh0?"

Selene shut the boy up by placing a quick peck on his lips.