28 - i think he knows

"So you told him all that to his face?" Marlene said with a huge grin painted on her face.

"Pretty much, yes." Selene responded, brushing out her mess of brunette hair.

"YES." Alice squealed from the bathroom, "We don't wait for people, good for you."

Selene grinned, "Thank you. Lily? your thoughts?" she turned to the red-head who was just looking at her.

"I like it." was all Lily responded with, and with that she left the dorm room.

"Weird." Marlene whispered, "Whatever! Ah! Sel, I cannot wait to be the god mother of your future kid! I am going to teach them priorities and how to be so cool, just like me."

"Well you will be god mother of my first born. Just like we promised."

"I better be." Marlene taunted, "And I don't think I will be having children. I just want to travel — actually, maybe I could with the right person."

"Is Dorcas the right person?" Selene asked.

"Oh me and Dorcas are no longer." Marlene said casually, smiling at Selene. "We have different plans, I now am going out with a seventh year, Mary Macdonald."

"Oh!" Selene said in surprise, her eyebrows rising. "Well, I am very happy for you!"

"Thank you, Sel."

Selene, Marlene, and Alice made their way down to the great hall for breakfast. The smell of toast met their nostrils with delight and the sound of chatter.

"I am prepared!" Marlene grumbled, pouting slightly at Alice. "No, preparing isn't just sitting in the library with the intention of studying, no actual work takes place ever."

"Well, my intentions are good, that's what matters. Don't you agree?" The blonde turned to Selene with hopeful eyes.

"Right." Selene sang.

The trio turned into the great hall to find something odd. The marauder had split into two. Remus and Peter and James and Sirius. Lily sitting by James, whispering to him. Selene looked at the pair and it felt like a shard of glass to her heart.

Her face fell for a second — but only a second. She slathered on a smile, a genuine one. No matter how much it hurt, she would always be happy for her best friend's success.

She approached the group. Remus looked up with a smile that didn't quite meet his eyes. "Good morning." He said.

"Wow," Marlene started quite loudly, "You could cut the tension in here with a damn knife."

Alice and Selene both looked over at her, shaking of their heads. "So not he time." Alice whispered with a worried expression on her face.

"Sit down." Remus said.

The three girls looked at the table then to each other and then back to the table. Marlene sat down next to Peter and swung her arm around her shoulders, "Ah Petey Pete Peter," she sighed, "You know I have your back." She winked and the blonde mousy boy went completely red in the face. Alice took the seat next to Lily. The rest of the group all turned to Selene to see where she would land. Selene pursed her lips in annoyance, it was picking a damn side of an argument she had no idea what it was about.