Chapter 2: Keeping Up

A quick question guys: do you prefer the chapters would be longer or it's Okey?
Personally I prefered short chapters but I gotta massage saying they're too short. So tell me :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up the next morning was harder than any other day. The moment he opened his eyes one of his worst headaches hit him. He tried to make his coffee and kept his breakfast at that. There was days that he made Kang Yohan to eat and maybe these days he needed a him in his life.
Walking out of his kitchen, his eyes landed at a box next to his TV.

" You should start dating... " Jin Joo voice from last night repeated in his head. The box appearantly was a bunch of Soo Hyun belongings that her mother wanted him to have them. Did it make sense that he was scared to open the box? At that point to keep it closed for 2 months now. How could he start dating if he still couldn't open that box? No matter how much he tried, he couldn't bring himself to open it. He spent his weekend looking at that young woman neighborhood and asking around about the specific landlady who evidently it wasn't her first time to ran away with some one's money. When the new week began, he called the woman to inform her that he gets the case. The moment he hung up, his phone rang again.

" Who were you talking to? Your girlfriend? "

" Hi Elijah. I missed you too. " he answered with a smile on his face.

" Okey. Hi. What's her name? "

" Whose name? "

" Your girlfriend... " she said annoyed.

" I don't have one. I was just talking to a client. "

" You sure? "

" I'm more than sure. Trust me if I ever get one, I'll introduce her to you. "

" Well you better "
Ga on could imagine she's rolling her eyes now and that made him laugh.

" So what's up? How's your uncle doing? "

" Uhhhh... I don't know. He just left without telling me anything. "
Some silence...

" How can he do this?? I mean I do have friends here but how can he leave without saying anything?? After all those things happened... "

" He's not in danger anymore... "

" How can you be sure? Huh? "
Suddenly she was attacking him. He opened his mouth to defend himself but she didn't let him.

" What the hell are you doing? It's been a year and you never dropped by. "

" You do know you're in another continent? It's not like you are next door. "

" Well it's not like you have a boss either. Close that damn door and take a bilit. You know I can't come there. "

He himself didn't know why not. He could go. Some days off and it could become a good vacation. But every time he found some reason to not to. Some days he had clients, some days the weather wasn't good to be on a plane.
" Okey. Let me tell you. When I ended this case, I'll come over. "

" Find another excuse... "

" I won't. I promise. Okey? "

" I dare you to not come... "
Although he was being attacked, he couldn't stop smiling. Honestly he was so thankful that she kept in touch. This year would be so tiring without her nagging or gossiping about her school.

" Now tell me. What's the news in your school? "