Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

                After a disturbing cuddle session in which Jack flattened Gabby by laying on her so Alex wouldn’t, Alex’s dog Sebastian jumped on Gabby’s newly freed lap. It felt good to be at Alex’s parents’ home not having to worry about the Bastards. Alex suffered no post-traumatic stress from his stabbing which made Gabby wonder if it had happened before. The Bastards had used their Netflix to watch sadistic movies, but nothing important was stolen.

                He broke out his MacBook for a little video blog. Sitting beside, Gabby who was scratching Sebastian’s ears, he waited for his camera to start working. To be a jerk, he pushed Sebastian to the floor.

                “Don’t start yet!” Jack grabbed the TV remote and turned up the volume.

                “And now for the hottest story out there,” the news anchor for Access Hollywood said. “It is the end of Fall Out Boy. Guitarist and founder Pete Wentz was taken to the hospital to be treated for mental health after allegedly stabbing Alexander Gaskarth of All Time Low.”

                They cut to a video of Alex being pounced on. It had been taken by someone in the crowd with an unsteady hand which made Gabby angry. “Get some camera skills!”

                “Gaskarth was fine, stating ‘I just got stabbed by effing Pete Wentz’.”

                Another news anchor laughed. “He’s quite the trooper, getting patched up right on stage and playing the show anyway!”

                “What can I say? I am a sexy, strong, independent black woman.” He opened his laptop again and turned off the TV.        

                Jack rested his head on Gabby’s shoulder and looked at their adorable image. Gabby looked at Alex’s bulky shoulder. “Do you need your bandage changed?”

                “No, mom, I did it myself. Can I have a fucking cookie?” he asked sarcastically.

                He pressed record and waited for the red light. Jack was the first to outburst. “WHASSAAAAAAAAP?”

                “You loud, obnoxious idiot.” Gabby pulled away and rubbed her ear.

                “What’s up, guys? Alex here with Jack and Gabby. You may recognize her from the concert or any videos circulating out there about my speech on the…intranets…” he looked down at Sebastian who was sniffing his shin.

                “Or you may recognize her from all of the selfies we take and post on Instagram.” Jack added.

                “We’re an annoying couple!” Gabby cupped Jack’s chin in her hand.      

                “The whole point of this Vlog,” Alex said loudly. “Is to disprove all of the rumors floating around. Starting with this—I am not dead. I did not die in the hospital. In case anyone hasn’t seen, I finished the show and am clearly breathing.”

                “I heard you bled internally and died in the hotel,” Jack told him.

                “I did. This is my ghost. Or maybe I’m a hologram like Tupac was at Coachella.”

                Dry humor always got them places. Gabby laughed and added her two cents. “My favorite rumor was that you got hit by a car in the parking lot.”