𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Talk to me, please." You begged as you rubbed your thumb against his cheek soothingly. His eyes came back to yours. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He knew he was acting weird. But he just couldn't hold it in anymore.

He wrapped his arms around you tightly into an embrace. He dug his face into your right shoulder as he sobbed into it. This caused you to be slightly flabbergasted. Why was he crying all of a sudden?

You hugged him back so he could feel as much comfort as he could. He wasn't feeling great right now. So you wanted to give him as much love as you possibly could for him. Whatever it was, you hoped it would go away. You didn't like seeing him like this.

"I-I'm s-so sorry, Y-Y/N." He stuttered out. You rubbed the back of his head and ran your fingers through his burgundy locks.

"It's okay... I'm here, Tanjiro. Shhh shhh." You soothed him as you continued to comfort him the best way possible. You were still confused. Why was he crying? Did something happen that you weren't aware about?

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

He sniffed a few times before looking back at you with tears eyes. This sight broke your heart. You hated seeing him like this. Looking so heartbroken.

"It's just— I-I've had this feeling in my gut, and I..." He paused. Taking in some deep breaths. You put your hand upon his cheek once more and leaned your forehead onto his.

"It's okay Tanjiro. Take your time."

"I h-have a bad feeling about the mission... and I don't *sniff* want to l-lose you."

"Hey hey... look at me." He did as you asked and you he gazed into your (e/c) eyes.

"You won't lose me. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. I will always be here with you. I promise you... we will all live. We will make it through this. Just like every other demon we've faced."

A barely noticeable grin curved onto his lips. Hearing that made him feel slightly better. But, the feeling still remained. Should he tell you? What he's always wanted to tell you? Would now be a good time? Maybe... maybe he could try and tell you know. Before everything happens. He just wants to know... if you feel the same way about him.

"Y-Y/N—" You made him pause as you placed a finger upon his lips. Making him stop talking. He looked back at you and saw a sad grin form upon your face.

"Whatever you want to tell me... you can tell me after our mission, okay? We will make it. I promise."

Those two words. You promised to him right now. You promised you would stay alive. And he believed you. For you never lie. But you can't always promise things. But the certain feeling had started to go away slightly.

"O-Okay."

┌───͙⊱••✩••̩̩͙⊰•───┐

"Have you found anything yet?" Zenitsu questioned as he held his hand over the handle of his Nichirin sword. He was acting surprisingly calm. This was pretty new to you.

"Find the demon yet?!" Out of no where, Inosuke popped up in between you and Zenitsu, causing the blonde to screech loudly.

"INOSUKE! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!"