↳ 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙄𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

You were on your way to the ice cream parlor that was near the park. You still wondered what he meant when he told you that the kids would love her. What the hell did he have in his mind? It certainly wasn't a brain, or well at least he wasn't using it.

"What flavor would you like, Mimi?" He asked his daughter, as he held her up to look at all the different ice cream kinds. She wasn't really looking for an exact flavor, she was just looking at all the different colors. She pointed at the strawberry flavor.

"Strawberry, the pink one?" He asked the child who nodded. "Cone or cup?"

"Toji, a cup is best because it'll just cause a mess." You advised the man, who hadn't really thought about it. He ended up buying a strawberry ice cream cup for his daughter, and whatever you wanted. You both sat down in the little shop, as you quietly ate.

"Do you like it?" He smiled at the child, who seemed to be clearly enjoying the ice cream.

"Yes!" She replied. She took her spoon and tried to give some to the man. He took her offer, and savored the bit of ice cream.

"That's really good!" He commented, and she hummed in agreement.

"Mommy, your ice cream." Your daughter looked at your cone, and you knew she wanted a taste. You handed her the cone to take a bit of the ice cream, which she seemed to really like, so she ate more.

"Mimi, you have your own ice cream, don't eat all of your mommy's. If you want I'll get you another cup with that same flavor." The man offered.

"It's fine, I wasn't going to eat it all so her help is much appreciated." You reassured the man as she kept eating the ice cream. When she got bored of it, she gave it back to you.

"Mommy, full." She put her hand over her tummy, which made you laugh.

"You ate a lot of ice cream, of course you are." You laughed as you looked at the half-full cup. The man took the cup and began eating the leftovers.

"Megumi was just like her when he was that age." He shared, which made the child curious. She looked at the man and tilted her head.

"Who is Megumi?" She asked the man, she butchered the name terribly but you both understood. He blinked and looked back at you, trying to figure out what to say.

"Megumi is his son." You answered for him, not trusting him enough to answer.

"He's your older brother." He added, which made your eyes widen. The child was a bit more confused now. The worst part is that you knew she wouldn't forget.

"Older brother?" She asked back, and the man nodded.

"Toji, you shouldn't have said that." You told the man, who rolled his eyes.

"Well, he's her brother. I'm not feeding her lies." He replied, which made your eyebrows furrow.

"Uh-oh." The child noticed your change in expression. She knew that when you furrowed your eyebrows, it wasn't good. You didn't want to argue in front of her, so you let it go for the time being.

"We'll have this conversation later."

-

"Alright, then." Toji pulled up to your house, and got out of the car to say goodbye to his daughter. You got out of the car, and walked to get your daughter out of the carseat.

Before you got too close to the front door, he pressed a kiss on Misumi's forehead. She then waved at him and smiled. "Bye-bye daddy."

You both looked at her in confusion, although he smirked. She had put it together in her smart two-year-old brain. If Megumi was Toji's son, and was her older brother, then that made her Toji's daughter. Not something that a normal two-year-old could figure out, but then again she was smarter than others.

"Wait out here, we have to talk." You told Toji before walking into your house to leave your daughter with her grandparents. You walked back, and found him waiting, with his arms crossed.

"What is it?" He asked, a bit annoyed.

"You had no right to say that." You started, which made him scoff.

"No right to say what? That she has an older brother?" He questioned. "She has the right to know, plus they're going to meet soon."

"Look, you know how much I love Megumi but it's not a smart idea." You brought up which made him raise his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"How would you even introduce them? "Hey Megumi, here's your little sister. Yeah I had an affair with the woman you called mom which caused her to leave."" You imitated, which made him want to laugh but he maintained a cover.

"To be fair you left because you wanted to." He said which made your eyes widen.

"What did you just say? I left because I wanted to?" You questioned, unsure if your ears deceived you.

"You had the option to stay, but you didn't. We didn't kick you out." He argued, which made you question his sanity.

"You're right, Toji. Maybe I should've stayed and had my daughter right there. Just for your stupid fucking wife to make our lives miserable. I'm the horrible woman who only thought about herself, right?! Not a care in the world for her own daughter." Your hands balled up into fists, and you were holding back on hurting him. "Stay away from me and my daughter."

"She's my daughter too." He was quick to say, which made you click your tongue.

"What have you done for her? Did you ever have to stay up at night to calm her down as she cried? Did you ever have to change her diaper? Have you ever bought her a fucking toy?" You began, which made him furrow his eyebrows. "Let's make one thing clear: she called you dad because she doesn't know any better but you're anything but her father. Just because you spent an afternoon in the park with her, doesn't mean anything."

"You keep talking a lot of shit, you know that? I haven't gotten the chance to do any of those things because you took her from me!" He began raising his voice.

"I took her from you because you couldn't show consistency! How was I supposed to know that you would treat my daughter fair?! You love that wife of yours so much that I can't know if you'll choose your wife over my daughter!" You didn't try holding back, because at that point you didn't care.

"What makes you think I would do that?!" He asked.

"You do it with Megumi all the time! God knows that if I could've, I would've taken him with me the day I left that goddamned house." You claimed and you saw a mix of anger, disbelief and confusion take over his face.

"I don't-" He began.

"Yes you have! I worked there for seven months and that was what I saw most of the time, and I was too stupid and naïve to figure it out." You argued. He didn't know what to say, as he began to question himself.

"I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Send me your banking details so I can help you with your family." He changed the topic since he was second doubting himself.

"I don't need your fucking money. All I need is for you to stay away from my family." You responded. Although money was always appreciated, you knew that if he began to send you money he would feel entitled to coming by whenever he wanted. "I don't want you around my daughter."

"She's my daughter too. I'm going to see her whether you like it or not."