↳ 𝙄𝙡𝙡𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

"Daddy, hurry!" Five-year-old Misumi yelled, knowing that they'd be late to her ballet classes if he didn't pick up the slack. Toji was almost ready, he just had to make sure he had sufficient water and snacks to last through the class.

"We're going to be fine, Mimi." Toji assured her as he looked for which snacks to pack. Chips or gummies? Both? "Fuck, Megumi ate all the chips."

"Language!" Misumi called him out. She sat down on the couch, kicking her feet as she waited for her father to finally be ready. "Is mommy coming with us?"

"She's sick, honey. She's taking a nap." He answered. Megumi came back from school with a cold and of course you tried taking care of him which led you to get sick as well. So now you and Megumi are sick. "She'll join us next week."

"Promise?" She asked, and Toji stayed quiet because there was no guarantee that you'd be better next week, although it was a mild cold. Toji came back with his bag full of necessities.

"Let's go, Mimi." He told her and she stood up. As they walked to the front door, you came downstairs and your footsteps caught their attention.

"Mommy!" Misumi tried running to you to hug you but you stopped her.

"I don't want to get you sick, baby." You said, which made her sad because she wanted a hug from her mother. But there was nothing she could do.

"You okay, honey? What do you need?" Toji asked as Misumi walked back to his side.

"I wanted pickles, I don't know if we have any." You responded, and Toji raised his eyebrow. He shook his head.

"I'll buy some after Misumi's class." He replied.

"Good luck, you two! Don't get into any fights, Mimi." You reminded her as you waved at them. Misumi had gotten into a fight the previous week with a girl who made fun of Misumi's hair. Toji had done her hair and of course Misumi was going to defend her father. The poor kid ended up with scratches all over her face. It happened outside of class which was the only reason Misumi was still in her class.

"I won't, mommy." She answered. Toji blew a kiss your way before walking out of the door.

You walked to the kitchen to look for something to eat meanwhile. That's when you heard your son call out your name, "Mom!"

"What?!" You yelled back and he ran down the stairs. Megumi was growing so fast, the boy was now fourteen-years-old and he was almost taller than you.

"I threw up."

-

"Mommy, are you okay?" Misumi asked as she looked up at you. A week later and you still weren't feeling any better. You looked down at the five-year-old and nodded, trying to give her a smile.

"Where's your father?" You asked, and she shrugged. Misumi did his makeup and then left him to do whatever he wanted. You picked her up from the floor, sadly, she was getting too big for you to carry her. "Let's go to the store real quick."

"Okay." She responded happily. You walked outside the house.

"Love?! Mimi?!" Toji yelled to get no response. "They must've gone out."

Now Toji wondered what he was going to do... Megumi was at Yuji's house so what was he going to do?

"Hey Mr. L/N." He heard which spooked him. He then looked at the pink hair of his son's friend.

"What are you doing here? I thought Megumi was at your house!" Toji responded, causing Yuji to laugh.

"That's tomorrow. Megs and I are just playing Call Of Duty upstairs." Yuji responded. "I was going to grab a glass of water."

"I'm going to join y'all." Toji responded, turning around and going upstairs. He entered Megumi's room and his eyes widened. "Holy shit, this place is a mess."

"What do you want?" Megumi asked, clearly annoyed.

"I'm joining you and Yuji. Also you have to clean up your room before your mom comes in here and has a heart attack."

-

"Are you sleeping over, Yuji?" You asked as the young boy ate the food fast. Yuji nodded. At this point he didn't have to ask, Yuji was practically part of the family.

Everyone continued eating quietly. Well, not as quietly since Misumi was speaking, talking about her friends at the preschool. Misumi spoke now more than never, and you could never shut her up.

"Mimi, finish your food, baby." Toji told her. And she didn't like being told what to do but she still ate. Toji then looked at you and you were zoned out. He snapped his fingers and tilted his head once he had your attention. "Is everything okay?"

"Toji..." You began but then shook your head. Once Yuji and Megumi finished eating, they picked up their plates and put them in the sink in the kitchen. They ran upstairs.

You looked at Misumi and rubbed her back with a smile on your lips. "Finish up baby, then we'll go upstairs and put on a movie."

"Okay mommy." She answered. You gave Toji a weak smile and he smiled back. He put his hand over yours and gave it a light squeeze.

"You sure you're alright?"

"Just a bit nauseous." You informed him which caused him to raise his eyebrows and nod in response.

"Done!" Misumi announced.

"Alright then, let's clean up."

-

"Ow! Mimi, don't be so rough!" Toji said as Misumi tried to brush his hair. She was practically smacking the brush against his head, and Toji believed that he would wake up the next day with bumps all over his head. You laid in bed, watching Toji who sat up on the bed, Misumig behind him. You were tempted to take off the movie from the TV but you knew she'd complain.

"Sorry, daddy." She responded. She grabbed a hair tie to put a section of his hair in a ponytail.

"Are you almost done?" Toji asked and she hummed in response. Unexpectedly she pulled a strand of hair from Toji's head which caused Toji to whine.

"Daddy, were you playing with paint?" She questioned.

"No, why?" He responded. You tried not to laugh as you saw the strand of hair she held.

"You have a white hair." She informed him which made you burst out laughing. Toji just glared at you before picking up Misumi and putting her down on his lap.

"You see, baby, when you get older you get gray hairs, and well I'm not exactly the youngest." He explained and Misumi's bottom lip quivered.

"Are you going to die, daddy?" She was concerned, and you didn't want to laugh in her face.

"I'm going to live for so much longer, don't worry." He reassured her before filling her face with kisses. You turned off the movie and patted the middle of the bed.

"C'mon, baby, let's go to sleep." You told her. She crawled to the middle and got comfortable. You put the covers over her and hugged her. Toji did the same.

It didn't take too long for her to fall asleep. You stared at Toji with a smile on your face before getting up from the bed and walking to the bathroom. You came back with something in hand and he got up from bed.

"Toji..." You began and he listened. Hoping it was what he was hoping for. You handed him the item and he didn't look at it. He wanted to hear it from you. "I'm pregnant."

"Baby." He wrapped his arms around you, you couldn't see his face. Tears formed in his eyes. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

He pecked your lips. He kissed you over and over again. "I love you, I love you, I love you. Thank you."

"Toji." You couldn't help but say. You couldn't say anything else. Last time this happened, he was asleep. The situation was so much different. Now you were married and had a family. Last time you had nothing. "We're having a baby."

"We are, and I can't thank you enough."