Struggling With Headspace

(Creds to: @RebeccaKyle4, hope you enjoy this, let me know if you want anything changed)

Niall had been put down for his nap this afternoon with his dummy and cloth when he woke up out of headspace again, it's like he couldn't quite get back to being a baby/toddler just yet. He also seemed a little bit angry.

"Hey Ni, everything ok? You seem to be struggling a lot with regressing" Zayn speaks to him

"I'm fine, I'm sure I'll figure it out" he grumbles. The dad within me wanted to reprimand him but I didn't.

"Well Lou and Haz are coming over later, any suggestions for food?"

"I don't care, whatever's available" he rolls his eyes. Zayn and I look at each other, not knowing what to do. I mean yeah we bicker sometimes between ourselves but Niall seemed to be worse than usual.

"Niall, I know you're in a mood but you don't need to take it out on us"

"I agree, maybe you could go for a walk or get a coffee or something just to ease your mind for a bit"

"Ugh shut up, you're not my parents I'll do whatever the hell I want, besides I don't even want to go on a walk, it's not like I'm 2 so you can strap me in the pushchair and take me so I'll sleep"

"Sounds like we need to" Zayn mumbles.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, just try and calm yourself down please" Zayn tells him before we both head to the kitchen to sort some food out. As we were sorting the food out, Niall had turned the tv on but really loud. It was kind of like big Niall acting like 2 year old Niall but with a bit more attitude.

"Woah, it's like a party in here" Louis and Harry walk in.

"Yeah well it's not like we're Ni's parents so we can't tell him off" Zayn shrugs.

"Oh"

"We think he's still struggling to get back into the headspace so he's been acting up" I tell them.

"Ni food" we call out to him. He stomps in, grabs a plate before plating the food up and heading back to the living room.

"Would you like anything to drink?" I call out to him. It takes a few seconds, but he soon came back in.

"I can get it myself thanks" he moans at me before making his way back.

"What're you guys staring at? Got a problem?"

"Nia-" I was stopped by Zayn's hand on my arm.

"I don't think I can do this" I tell Zayn as I set my plate down.

"Hey, we'll be fine, I'll see if I can sort this out, alright?"

"Mind if I go?" Louis speaks up.

"Sure, at this point I'll take anything"

"Alright lad?"

"I don't want to be your pal" we eaves drop on the conversation.

"Wow, that's tough but I'm not going anywhere, I also want to watch tv"

"I want to be alone"

"Then go to your room" Zayn and I decided to do a nursery room for Niall but also used another room for Niall so that if he was out of headspace he could always go to his other room that was more for big Niall.

"No, I wanna watch tv down here, with some food on my own" Niall raises his voice.

"That's not happening"

"It is now" we hear something thump and Louis running out whilst holding his left eye.

"What'd he do?"

"Agh, he threw the remote at me" Louis cradles his eye.

"Here, get some ice with Harry"

"That's enough" Zayn goes in there, takes the remote of Niall and turns the tv off.

"Upstairs! Now!" Zayn tells him as he points in the direction of the stairs.

"You can't tell me what to do"

"Niall, I'd listen to him if I were you" Harry calls through.

"Harry, I'd shut your mouth if I were you" Niall mocks back.

"1.." Zayn starts counting.

"Zayn, what the hell?" Niall says.

"2..."

"Why don't you guys listen for once, you.are.not.my.parents"

"Upstairs, now" Niall stays silent and sits back down on the sofa.

"Ok, let's go" Zayn picks him up and takes him to Niall's big room before closing the door and holding onto the handle.

"You can't do this, this isn't fair" Niall bangs on the door.

"I can do this, you've bruised Lou's eye and you aren't being respectful to anyone"

"I-I've bruised Lou's eye?" He calms down a little. Zayn and I look at each other a little confused.

"Y-yeah yeah you did, you don't remember?" We speak to him.

"I mean I know I can get angry and mean but I would never hurt you guys physically you know that right? You guys know that!" He sounded really genuine and he also sounded like he was about to cry.

"Open the door" I whisper to Zayn. As soon as we opened that door, the floodgates were open.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for everything" he sobs into my arms.

"Hey hey, calm down, we know you're probably struggling right now with your headspace and everything, maybe the remote throw was little you coming out, sometimes little you can get physical"

"Really?"

"Nothing major that's like done damage or anything to us, just small things like throwing your cars at us or something like that" we have a deep conversation with him and he apologised to Louis (plenty of times because he felt that guilty, he said sorry in almost every sentence he said).

"If it's ok, can I sleep with you guys?" Niall shyly asks us.

"Of course" we all head to Zayn and I's room and got ready for bed.

"Wanna sleep on the end or the middle?"

"Middle" we all climb into bed.

"Night, love you both"

"Night, love you too" we kiss Niall before kissing each other and cuddling one another under the quilt with our Nialler falling asleep.