Mixed Feelings

Things with you and Mirio had gotten complicated. Mirio had been coming over practically every day since his return. At first, it was fine, you didn't mind him visiting for a bit, after all, he had just lost his quirk and he was still recovering from an awful battle with a strong villain. Soon, things began to change. Afternoon visits stretched into the sunset, sunset-lit goodbyes turned to nights filled with needy panting and moaning and an odd sense of emptiness as you laid alone in a slowly cooling bed. Even those began to change.

 Those steamy nights turned into ones filled with cuddles and warm embraces, and you started to wake up to hot breakfast on the table. He was good company, his food wasn't bad, and quiet nights in his arms served as a wonderful destresser. The problem was, within the two weeks he'd been coming and going, you'd grown feelings for him, despite knowing his...reputation. You'd seen his phone, flooded with texts and Direct Messages from tons of girls. His social media pages, which you totally weren't stalking, were filled with thirst trap selfies, and under those posts were even thirstier girls. Guys too, especially whoever Mineta Minoru was. You were sure that Mirio was just using you as a quick squeeze until he felt better, and you hated that you were letting yourself be used by another hot guy with issues that used sex as an escape. Every time you let Mirio's hand rest gently on the top of your head or his fingers wrap around your waist, you mentally reprimanded yourself. The last thing you needed was another relationship, especially with a playboy like Mirio. You told yourself that you would text him and let him know that he wasn't allowed over anymore, that you needed to sleep alone, that you could cook your own breakfast, but deep down you knew that you couldn't turn him away.

The blonde heartthrob himself strolled into the dining room where you currently sat, typing away at your laptop, filling out the last data figures your company needed so that you could call it quits for the night. "Y/n~," he purred, leaning over your shoulder to place a kiss on your cheek, sending your heart into a whirl of mixed emotions, "I'm going to grab something to eat. Do you want anything?" "Er, no, I'm not really hungry." You said, not looking up from your computer. He didn't move from over your shoulder, he just stared blankly at you, lips pursed, thinking about something. You stopped typing but kept your eyes focused on the computer screen. Silence settled between you two like a cold blanket of air.

What the hell was happening right now?

Finally, he spoke: "You know you need to eat, I always get so worried if you don't eat." He stood up, sighing, and placed his hand on your shoulders. He gently pressed his thumbs into your back and began to massage. You relaxed under his big, warm hands and finally conceded, "Yeah, alright, just something small though." Mirio seemed satisfied with this, patting your shoulder and heading out of the front door.

You shook your head, closing your laptop, and went to shower and put on your pajamas. You climbed into bed and shut your eyes, waiting for Mirio to get back, even if deep down, a tiny part of you didn't want him to come back.

(Next chapter is smut, that's why I cut it off here.)