Chapter 19: Selfless

I stepped on the gas to escape from the cars behind us. When we reached the main road, I saw that the cars that used to block the whole road now have a space in between. However, it's not enough to let us drive through.

The men are very alert. They all immediately shoot my car and blocked the whole road in the middle. And that's how I know they are stupid. They gave me enough space to drive on the side!

However, my eyes widened when a bullet pass beside my face. I was almost hit! I gritted my teeth. The person who's gonna kill me is not born yet! I speed up on the side and pull out my dessert eagle as I open my window. I drifted the car while shooting to them. I think I've hit 3 or 4 men. While most of them duck down to save their lives, I took the advantage to turn the car and speed away from them.

They continue to shoot my car but my men shoot them back. I only have a dozen of back up. No wonder they can't completely defeat the men that blocked our way. The Chois are at the back too and they are 5 times a lot than us!

I pick up my phone to call my men. "What the hell are you still doing there? You can't fight with them they're a lot! Drive away now!" I commanded in gritted teeth. I won't let a single personnel sacrifice it's life just to save me.

I felt Tiffany sat up. She look around and is relief that we're driving away again. But there's no time to be relieved yet.

"Honey, stay low. They are still on our back." I said gently. She saw from the side mirror that they are indeed speeding on the back. Instantly, she duck down to protect herself. Good girl.

I heard continuous gunshots from the back I could tell that my car is hit continuously. But I know that my men are the ones who's more in danger right now. They are blocking most of the bullets from our back. I hope no one's hurt. Damn it!

My eyes widened when I saw from the rear view mirror that a car is speeding to catch up on my car. Three men came out of the windows to shoot my car. One of them had hit my tire, and since I'm driving very fast, my car almost flipped upsidedown if it wasn't for my control. I did my best to keep going but since my tire was shot, my car drifted on its own. Well, at least it didn't flipped upsidedown.

Now, I am face to face with the enemies. My eyes widened once again when they continued to shoot the car. I duck down with Tiffany while shattered glasses from the windows and windshield pour down like rain to us. I covered her to not let any single glass fall down on her skin. Not even a glass could hurt my Tiffany. I won't let anything hurt her.

Then I heard cars stopped around us. I thought it's gonna be the end of us. But when the car door opened, I saw Mr. Hwang's worried face.

"Tiffany!" He shouted.

"Dad!" Tiffany look over to her father.

"Go with him." I ordered as I push her to her father's direction.

"How about you?"

"I'll cover you up. Move!" She didn't have the chance to protest when her father pulled her out of the car.

I pull out my gun as I left the car, staying low just in case someone try to shoot me. I saw three cars in front of us, blocking everyone in front. They secured my car from the bullets. Seeing that my men are fine and they are shooting with Mr. Hwang's men, I took the opportunity to open the car door and get Sunny.

"Sunny, let's get you out of here." I held her hand and pulled her out of the car.

"Run to Mr. Hwang's car." I ordered.

"How about you?"

"I'll cover you."

"No, Taengoo. I'm not leaving without you." She's crying now. Afraid for my own safety more than hers.