chapter lxxii: confrontation

"you're getting in the boss's way."

kazua was stopped by the exit of the building, coming across the very person she didn't wish to talk to tonight. with a small smile, she intertwined her fingers behind her and bowed lightly.

"good to see you still alive and crazy, sanzu." she says.

"he wavers from his goal whenever he sees you, kazua." he said. "you're his weakness. it's my job to protect my king from his weakness."

"what are you yapping about? i'm leaving, aren't i?"

shing!

she tilts her head to the side, avoiding the knife by an inch as it destroyed a vase behind her instead. sighing, she checked the time through her wristwatch. "there really is no need for this."

sanzu didn't listen. he made a beeline for her neck with a butterfly knife on his right hand, ready to slice her up and kill her before she leaves the building. kazua swerved around his body to avoid the slash, her knee digging into his gut successfully.

the pink-haired executive relentlessly dashed towards her. blow after blow, he didn't hesitate to utilize his knife expertly while fighting a weaponless woman.

slice!

kazua barely avoided the blade, resulting to a thin cut on her cheek as she missed a beat in evading. sanzu is one who has great combat ability. he isn't one to underestimate, and kazua only fighting now after a long while made her lose her footing.

she raised her leg, aiming to hit his head. but to her disappointment, sanzu was able to block it with both arms and push her away. she stumbles back, eyes glaring right at her attacker.

"so as long as i'm here..." sanzu smirked at her. "...mikey will be number one in japan! even you can't stop him, sada kazua!"

"did you hear something?"

"i think it's from the lobby."

sanzu's eyes darted to the corner, realizing that members of kantou manji are arriving to check the scene. when he turned back in front of him, she was gone.

"tsk, i could've killed that bitch."

"we're here."

senju looked up at the tall building that is secretly kantou manji gang's base. she was surprised when mikey proposed to hold the meeting at his own unit and not someplace that could have avoided disclosing their base of operations, but he boldly suggested for the two leaders to meet him here.

behind her, three members of brahman stood along and gaped at the exterior. it says a lot about how big kantou manji gang already is, and the money that they produce to continuously live off in luxury.

"no surprise here. kokonoi is a part of kantou manji." draken muttered. "but what the hell?"

"mikey-kun made this in just two years?" takemitchy sweat-dropped.

"just this year, actually." takeomi spoke up. "kantou manji gang officially made a name for themselves this february. i'm assuming that they have already made preparation prior to their announcement."

"kazzie should know." senju looked over her shoulder. "after all, she's the first among all of us to reach this place. well, then. shall we?"

she was the first to advance, and the three soon followed behind her. there were a few guards on their way to the elevator, but none of them made a move to provoke. they are aware of this day.