chapter xxxiii: dazed

"ah, it's over."

her dull hues struggled to keep looking at the little speck of light on the dusty ceiling, wanting to avoid seeing the ugly piece of trash looming over her weak body. hands and ankles tied tightly against the cotton white sheets, there's nothing she could do to stop them.

the buttons of her black top were being plucked off with a threateningly sharp swiss knife one by one, a method she believes is a way to get these fuckers aroused. by the looks of it, they seem to be enjoying the fact that she's literally paralyzed under them and can't do anything.

screaming is pointless, she knows where they are. they brought her in a cabin far from the city, almost deserted if you ask her. no one will be able to hear her pleads for help.

not like she could move her mouth, anyway.

"i really am so stupid." her mind drifts back to when she was walking home from her parents' funeral service, all alone in the rain with a single black umbrella to protect herself from the cold. because she was so numb and dazed, her guard was let down.

kazua didn't see them coming, and it gave them the chance to inject her with a paralysis drug.

"isn't this a good thing, though?" she chuckled in her mind. "they should kill me after this. i'm tired."

this is the first she's ever gotten herself actually captured by any of these gangs. most of the time, she has the strength to fight them back and protect herself.

but she can't be strong all the time.

maybe that was why mikey insisted on walking her home every single time.

"but he isn't here anymore." a tear slips down the corner of her head.

her skirt was ripped off, and she still can't do anything. all she could is wait for it to be all over. she was weak.

"ah, manji," tears continued streaming down both her eyes. "why'd you leave?"

"what are you assholes doing to her?!"

everything became blurry, and kazua was giving in to the fatigue. before her eyes closed, she caught a whisk of light hair zooming towards her predators.

cricket!

cricket!

"huh?" kazua opened her eyes, spotting the familiar ceiling of her room. her cheeks feel wet, and her body was frozen in place. as she weakly rose up, a hand comes up to her head. "that memory."

she was reliving it in a dream, again.

scoffing to herself, she tossed the blankets off of her and put her slippers on. she made her way downstairs, stopping herself from opening the lights when she remembered that someone was following her yesterday night.

it's still dark out when she looked out the window of her kitchen. "jackass really giving me nightmares again." she grumbled to herself. she opens the fridge beside her and took out a pitcher of water, pouring a glassful to wash the fatigue off of her body. kazua knew to herself that she won't be able to go back to sleep now.

it's the only thing she can do to keep herself away from the nightmares.

when she got back upstairs to her room, she sits on the edge of the bed and shrugged off her slippers to fold her legs. she picks up her phone from the bedside table and unlocked the message that came from senju.

_____

from: frosty
hey, i figured you might get nightmares again. i'm coming over in a bit.
_____