chapter lxi: the future

"oi, takemitchy! quit dozing off!"

eyes opening, takemitchy found himself in front of a family grave. specifically, he stood in front of a dear friend's grave.

sada kazua
november 2, 1989 - july 14, 2008

"what...?"

"oi, what are you dozing off for?"

the taller male laid a hand on his shoulder, snapping takemitchy out of his own trance. looking up, he finds draken worriedly looking at him. his hair was dyed black, but other than that, his hairstyle was the same as before. "draken-kun! why is kazua..."

"you just came back from the past, huh?" draken sighs. he tucked his hands in his pockets and looked back down at the grave. "takemitchy, she died during the battle of the three deities."

the battle of the three deities. now this is something that he's yet to know.

"come on. you told me that you want to meet mikey and give him your wedding invitation." draken turned his back on him. "let's go, or we'll miss our appointment."

***

by appointment, takemitchy thought that they will be going to the hospital because mikey needs medical treatment. however, they ended up standing in front of the ichihara prison.

"what are we doing here?"

"mikey's on death row, takemitchy." the latter replied. "without kaz, no one was able to stop him."

draken wordlessly passed the guards, having been informed that they will be visiting a certain someone at this hour. when they got to the non-contact visitation room, draken let takemitchy sit on the chair placed in front of a glass partition. he stands behind him, a little nervous to meet his long-time friend too.

"before he gets here..." draken sighed. "...mikey turned himself in after creating bonten and murdering all the people who nearly raped and attempted to abduct kaz. even the ones that happened when they were children."

takemitchy's eyes widened. he knew that kazua would often find herself in dangerous situations.

"mikey-kun made bonten...to kill them all?"

"basically, yeah."

mikey killed all of them?

every single one?

he haunted them all down and only turned himself in after they were all dead.

"yo, takemitchy."

on the other side of the glass, a long-haired mikey sat. it was dyed black, but the original blonde roots were beginning to show atop his head. his hairstyle was oddly familiar. a red hair stick held his long locks together in a bun. hands were cuffed, and he's wearing a prison inmate's uniform. he offered no smile at his visitor, and his eyes were the dullest he's ever seen throughout his journey.

"mikey-kun," takemitchy gasped. "w-why..."

"ah, so you just came back." mikey was quick to realize that this was the same takemitchy he met at the past, the one who was so determined to save him and his loved ones. "well, my promise was nearly perfect."