Chapter 13

Katniss's Pov.

"PEETA WHERE ARE YOU!" I call out for him him but I don't get an answer.
"KATNISS-KATNISS!" I hear Prim's voice. "PRIM WHERE ARE YOU!" I see Prim laying on the ground. Dead. I sob. "Prim come back to me please!" I lay on the ground with her dead body in my arms.

"Mommy?" I feel someone shaking me. "Oh, I'm sorry Rye, mommy just had a bad dream." I say sniffling. He jumps up on bed. I look next to me and Peeta isn't there, probably in the bakery working late. "I get them too. What was it about?" He says sweetly. "About my sister, you never met her, she passed before you were born." I say tearing up. I never told Rye or Prim about Prim. I never had the guts because what happened to her was my fault. "Oh, Prim." What he says shocks me. I never told him her name.

"How'd you know about her?" I say questioning. nobody would tell, and he's only met Haymitch. "She came to my room once. She has blonde hair right?" I gasp. "Ye-yes. Te-tell me what else you know about her." I say shyly. "Well she has blue eyes, very pretty, smart, oh and she is a good doctor." I believe him. "Oh, and she told me to tell you to stop blaming yourself about what happened. I don't know what happened, but she says it isn't your fault. Oh, and that Rue girl says thank you for winning. There's a man, I think your dad who said he's proud of you. Anyway Prim says she loves you and she is always looking over you. Like right now!" He says pointing to the ceiling. Peeta always has the window open and its summer, so air doesn't just gust around, but it just did it. "Thank you Rye, now go back to bed." I say and hug him. "Gwod nwight mommy!" He whisper yells.

Rye walks out of the room and closes the door. But it is soon to be opened by Peeta. "Hey, you okay?" He asks with a questioning look. "Yes, um..... I don't know how to say this, but Rye knows about P-Prim and Rue and all the others. No one told him Peeta, how does he know?!" I ask trying to stay strong. he doesn't respond. "Maybe he saw the book, what did he say?" I frown. "Peeta, he says he saw them at night and he explained them perfectly. D-do you think that he can see them and they are watching over him?" I ask wanting an answer. "Maybe, Katniss you know Prim always wanted you to have kids, and Rue cared about you so much! Maybe they are trying to tell you that it's okay and you should move on. How 'bout we ask Rye tomorrow and see what he says, okay?"

"Okay." He walks over to his side of the bed and wraps his arms around me. Since the kids are about two now, they can talk pretty well. The doctor says that they are some of the smartest kids he's ever seen. I think about Prim and Rue, but they are good things. Maybe, just maybe, they all are watching over me. Maybe Prim watches Primrose. She always loved kids. These were my thoughts before I drifted off to sleep, with Peeta's warm arms around me.

I wake up at 6:00, "man it's early." I mumble. Since it's winter, it gets darker at night, and lighter in the morning, and I hate it. I walk outside and feel the cold chill run down my spine. I go to the stable and put the horses jackets on. Then, I move the haystacks and refill their water. I let them out and go inside and feed the dogs and cats. I walk back upstairs and take a long shower. I walk out and dry myself off.

Once I'm dried, I get changed in to white skinny jeans and a navy blue sweatshirt. I put my hair in a braid down my back and walk downstairs. Peeta is cooking french toast and bacon. I wrap my arms around his back and kiss his cheek. He spins me around and his soft and warm lips collide with mine. "Hi!" I say breaking the kiss. He grins, "hi." We both stare at each for what feels like forever, until he does his usual. "How did I end up with someone ask beautiful as you?" I blush. He gasps. "Did the one and only Katniss Everdeen just blush?" He says in a Capitol accent. "Actually, it's Katniss Mellark!" I say and he smiles. "Good" I giggle.

I walk upstairs and carry and tired Prim and a energetic Rye walks by my side. Prim's just like me. We walk into the kitchen and the waft of french toast and bacon go through the entire house. "Hi daddy!" Rye says. "Hi bud, are you hungry?" He asks. "YES I AM HUNNNGGRRRYYY!" He says screaming, no not screaming, an ear-piecing scream. So I'm deaf now. "Hey, Rye you need to quiet down." He grunts. "Okay." He says mad. Peeta sets down the food on the table. Prim may be tired, but she sure does have an appetite. They both gobble down their food and go and play in the toy room.

Peeta and I go an sit on the deck. I sit on his lap, it's more of a usual thing now. I see the horses galloping, the deer running outside the fence, and the trees blowing cold air in our direction. This is the life I wish I had. District twelve might not be done yet, but out here, it looks like nothing ever happened. "I wish I had this when I was younger." I said breaking the silence. "Yeah, but then I wouldn't have gotten you, and I would be working in a bakery with my mother who hates me." I smile then frown at the thought of his dead family. He pulls my chin up, "but it was all worth it because I got you." He says and smiles. I copy him, but inside, I know it was my fault.

We walk back inside and go downstairs to the kids. They are both watching spongebob. I shake my head at how I used to love that show. "Hello? Is this the krusty krab? No this is Patrick. Hello is this the krusty krab? NOO this is Patrick! Hello, is this the krusty krab? NO, THIS IS PATRICK!" I laugh and Peeta joins in.

After spongebob is over I go and get Prim dressed. I want her to have a hobby, don't I? "Hey Prim, let's go horseback riding." I say with a grin. "Okay!" She squeals. We walk outside and I go into the tack house and get the saddle, reins, etc. I put them on the horse and I get the pony for Prim. I grab the light brown horse. We start with a trot, then a gallop, "good job Prim, your a natural!" Since she is on a pony, it's not very hard, but for a two and 3/4 year old, that's great! "Thanks mommy!" She says proudly.

I help her off the horse and walk into Peeta's art room. Prim is off playing with the dogs. We don't let the kids in here because of the paintings. I let a silent tear rundown my cheek. I see the picture of Prim and I sitting in the meadow. That's when I feel like I'm going to get sick. I run up to the master bedroom and hurl until there is nothing left in my stomach. "Oh no!" I whisper. I run over to the cabinet with shaky hands and grab the purple box that say 'Pregnancy Test'. I pull out three test and wait five minutes.

Those five minutes feel like forever, but then I see the green word pop up that say 'positive'. All three say that and I gasp.

I'm pregnant.

I walk out side and hide the test in my cabinet beside my bed. I walk outside and sit on the bench beside the lake. I watch as the mockingjays fly around and sing. I whistlemy he four note song. They all start singing. "Great, now they won't shut up." Peeta. I stand up and hug him. "You okay?" I sigh. "Sit" he does as told. I take in a deep breath and tell him. "I was in your art room and I felt like I got sick. I ran upstairs and hurled, then I took out...." I let a tear fall down my cheek. "T-then I took out the pregnancy test....." He looks me in the eye. "And......" He says trying to get me to continue. "I'm Pregnant." I say blankly.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses my head softly. "I love you!" I whisper. "I love you too, and you." He says while putting his hand on my flat stomach. "Your okay with it....... Right?" He asks like I am going to get rid of this baby. "Of course, I just didn't know how you'd take it." He smiles. "It's mine right?" I giggle. "Of course silly!" I say and grab his face and pull it to mine. We share a passionate kiss. "Kids are with Haymitch, just to let you know." I smile great-fully. "Good, I get to spend my time with you!" I whisper and I lay in his arms.