Chapter 15

Peeta's Pov.

Today's the day we get to go home! Im so happy and I think Katniss is too. I'm signing the discharge papers and the kids papers and that stuff. They said that Addison and Tucker I doing extremely well considering they are twins.

"Here's the papers!" I hand the nurse the sheets full of writing. "Thanks!" She smiles. I go to Katniss's room and she is already dressed. "You ready?" She smiles, "ready as I'll ever be."

We get home and drop our stuff off. We walk over to Haymitch's house and stay for about an hour. Then we go home with my, our family. Before we left, we had painted a light, baby blue room for Tucker, and a light green room for Addison. I had painted a sunset on the wall right by the lake. We put each kid in their room and I go and make dinner while Katniss takes a shower.

I feel small, warm arms wrap our my back. I smile and turn around and kiss her. "We have a perfect, little family." She smiles, "as long as I have you, my family is perfect." She sweetly says. She hugs me while I make dinner.

I call the kids down while I put the food on the table.

"Mommy at school today, I heard about the hunger games." I think Katniss almost spits her milk. She looks at me and she has gone pale. She never wanted to tell them until they're older.

"What did you hear about them?" She asks with a shaky voice.

"Well, we heard that people went into a place and fought and on the 75 hunger games, they stopped. We also heard you and daddy were in them." They say proudly.

Katniss excuses herself and walks upstairs. Oh no. I call Haymitch and he's over in a second. I don't tell him what happened but he seems to know.

I walk up stairs and see Katniss in a ball sobbing. "Hey.... Shhhh." I comfort but it doesn't work.

She starts to shake and I hold her tightly. "Katniss, they'll be okay, I promise."

She looks at me with a blotchy face and blood shot eyes. "You promise?" She holds her finger out, "always."

I help her up and get her to the bathroom to wash her face. We walk downstairs to Haymitch playing with the kids. They run outside and go swimming and it's especially nice because the pool has heaters.

While the kids are outside I finish my dinner. "Katniss, you can't freak out on them like that. You have no idea what is going on in their mind. Maybe, they think of the games, as...... Games." Haymitch says like he knows a thing.

This won't go over well.

"You have no idea. You've been in the games once! You also don't have kids that you have to explain it to. People just think, 'oh, they'll get over it, I mean they got through the freakin hunger games!' But no! That's not how it works. You can't just forget anymore!"

And with that she storms out of the room and into the bathroom. I sigh and Haymitch goes outside to watch the kids.

Thanks Haymitch, you really helped. Let's get this over with, again.

OKAY, OKAY! *blocks people with shield* yes, I know this was the first time I've updated in who knows how long. But I'm sorry. We have testing at our school and I am playing up for our lacrosse teams. So I have no time. Yes..... I'm sorry this is one of the shortest chapters I've ever written so if anyone has some ideas on what to do, leave a comment👌🏽 did anyone get the new emojis yet? There awesome, now no one knows what color my skin is!😂☝🏽 just kidding that's mean.... Any who BYEE