K. Choso - Misspelled

It was a tiring day after your professor dismissed your period and instead of heading home, you decided to go to the coffee shop that’s just a walking distance from your university

You regularly go there whenever as you pleased.

Whether to chill, study, or pass the time when you thought you don’t have anything else to do.

Well, the truth is, it’s because there’s a really cute barista that works there who always misspelt your name.

It’s been too long and you don’t know how you’ll correct him and you’re still trying to find a way so it wouldn’t be awkward seeing your incorrect name again and again.

The only thing that your mind can give you was to slip a paper in his apron pocket with your number and name on it.

In that way, you’re not only going to have your name right but also the chances of him texting you will benefit your plan.

But are you that fearless to do it?

What if you mess up if he caught you?

You wouldn’t want that to happen because it will surely embarrass you and you might end up not showing your face again which also means, you wouldn’t see him again.

So what else can you do? Say that he’s wrong and you’ll feel bad about it because he’ll be unconscious? How can you make it not awkward?

“Whatever. Screw this shit.” You entered the shop, the reason why the bell rang, signalling that a customer went in.

What you spot inside wasn’t crowded as what you expected, maybe you were too early that’s why you didn’t saw any students scattering around.

You shrugged away your confusion and scooted to the counter to make an order.

The cute barista greeted you with a smile which you returned. “The usual?” You nodded your head and he grabbed a cup and a pen, ready to write your name on it.

Your smile turned into a frown when yet again, he misspelt your name for the millionth time already.

“Your coffee should be approximately five minutes.”

“Yeah, thank you.” He shot you his smile again before you turned around to have a seat.

As you wait, you watched him do your coffee. Your eyes travelled to his arms that always flexed whenever he moves around, his chest that you believe is also sturdy.

You could almost feel your orbs turning into heart shapes while you stared at his body with propped chin in your palm.

“Mind if I join you?” Heat rushed up your face when he suddenly came in front of you without you noticing him. You immediately sat properly before nodding, not trusting your voice. “There’s no customer yet so perhaps I can use this time to slack off.”

After he placed down your coffee, he also pulled a chair to sit down with you.

You played with your straw before taking a sip, trying to think of a conversation so you wouldn’t feel self-conscious about the dead silence.

You wouldn’t like to waste this time since this is the first time the two of you hold a long conversation.

“If it’s okay, can you tell me what’s your name?” you asked, after building up the courage that you lost a while ago.

“Choso.”

He didn’t mean it intentionally, but his eyes dropped on your lips.

It’s really distracting him whenever you let the straw rolled on your lips every now and then.

Choso can visibly see your lustrous lips, your swollen lips looked like it’s asking to be touched.

The male shook his head by that thought. He’s glad you didn’t catch him staring when a sudden three high-school girls went in.

What a bummer, you were still in the middle of thinking about what can start your conversation with him and you just waste it.

Regret was evident on your face the same time Choso stood up so he can go back to the counter.

“Hey, uhh... I wanted to catch up with you some other time so... Can you maybe write down your number here so I can call you?”

“S-Sure!” You perked up by hearing that from him. You were excited to grab the pen and notepad that he gave to you as you rushed your name and number on it.

After you finished writing it, your head rose to look at Choso who just returned to his work.

You made your way there to give the notepad back, and when he accepted it, your hand-formed with thumb and pinky finger extended, mouthing him, “Call me.”

Then you got out of the shop, you weren’t that far away when you felt your phone vibrated.

When you pulled it out of your pocket, a message popped out, you read, “I didn’t know I’ve been misspelling your name since forever.” There was a sad face ending that message which you found cute.