-Gríma, come down. Be free of him- Théoden says taking pity of the poor man.

-Free? He will never be free- the wizard sneers at the worm of a man cowering besides him.

-No- the man snarls.

-Get down, cur!- Saruman can suddenly move again as Arya's eyes contact breaks from his figure when the horse she was on shifts from one leg to another.

Saruman slaps Gríma and sends him falling down.

-Saruman, you were deep in the enemy's council. Tell us what you know.

Gríma draws a dagger from behind Saruman's back.

-You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where you doom will be decided- Arya sees the dagger. Too late -I will not be held prisoner here.

-Dagger!- she warns. The men are surprised as they finally notice.

Legolas holds his bow as
Gríma stabs Saruman in the back, twice.
Legolas shoots and hits him, making his corpse fall down, dead.

Saruman falls off the tower and is impaled by the spoke of a large wheel. If he hadn't been killed by the stab wounds he was definitely dead now.

-Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike- Gandalf tells Théoden.

The wheel turns, sliding Saruman's body under the water in a gruesome way. The Palantír drops into the shallows.

-Not now Argent- Arya tells the dragon as he lowers his jaws above the bleeding and dead body of the wizard, her face scrunched up in disgust knowing what he was thinking- at least wait until I'm gone.

He huffs and sits back on his haunches like a cat, his tail flicking back and forth on the water.

-The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Younger  trees, wild trees- the tree named Treebeard says.

Pippin sees a glowing orb in the water. He dismounts Aragorn's horse for a closer look.

-Pippin!- Aragorn tries to get ahold of the hobbit.

Pippin picks up the orb for the water. It is one of the Palantír.

-Bless my bark!

-Peregrin Took, I'll take that, my lad. Quickly now!- Pippin reluctantly hands Gandalf the orb. Gandalf covers it up, and with a sidelong glance at Pippin, turns away.

The group rides for Edoras, Argent following a bit farther behind as he kicks his chops from his newly eaten meal.

••••••••••

At Edoras, in the Golden Hall of Meduseld, Éowyn brings Théoden a cup. Théoden raises it and prepares to addresses a quiet crowd. Aragorn leads the men in standing.

-Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead!- the king praises, lifting the cup to his lips and drinking.

-Hail!- the other men follow their king's example.

Arya not been given a cup and she had reacted rather childishly about it. When she noticed Legolas had drink half of the liquid, she snatched the cobbler from his hands and threw her head back as she welcomed the slight burning of alcohol. She wipes her lower lip with one finger all the whole smirking at the elf whose tops of the ears were now scarlet.

Aragorn hesitates, then drinks from his mug.

••••••••••

The Rohirrim party in the great hall. Éomer instructs a group, including Gimli and Legolas.

-No pauses, no spills- the man explains.

Legolas and Gimli are hadnded mugs of ale. Arya had decided against participating. She knew she could hold her liquor but didn't want to risk what had happened last time she had been drunk. So she just stared at them.

-And no regurgitation!- the dwarf finalized the statement.

-So it's a drinking game?

-Aye, Last one standing wins- Arya says.

Gimli laughs.
Legolas takes a small sip from his drink. Gimli chugs his drink making Arya cringe as the liquid overflowed and fell past his chin and mouth.

Gimli and Legolas continue their drinking contest. Gimli grabs for another drink while Arya and Éomer restock new ones on the table.

-Here, here. It's the dwarves that go swimming with little hairy women- the dwarf slurs.

Legolas examines his fingers, looking worried.

-I feel something. A slight tingling in my fingers. I think it's affecting me- Arya laughs as she takes a swig from her own cup.

-What did I say? He cant hold his liquor!- Gimli passes out, Legolas looks smug.

-Game over.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••