See. This is EXACTLY why I cannot sit in class, and be left with just my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's quiet. A solid, peaceful, quiet.  

It's breezy and cold out. But I don't mind at all, actually. I sigh heavily and gently shut my book closed, being careful not to bend the cover. I glance at my phone.

5:17 

Mom: Leavin at 5:30

Me: Ok, love you!

I would've texted something like "see you soon," but I know that i won't. It's not that big of a deal at all though, don't get me wrong! I'm pretty much used to this. She's not actually leaving work until she texts something like: "sry, got held up. Leavin now!"

But I really don't mind. It gives me more quietness outside. And I really need my daily dose of that! I mean, at home i'm not allowed outside; and during school hours, there is no chance of quietness!! So this is the time I enjoy most. Though it is freezing. And boring.... Occasionally it gets lonely. OCCASIONALLY. Most of the time I prefer the loneliness though. But other times I almost give in the the sneer that is called socializing.

When I run out of things to do, sitting on this wall thingy at my school, I just tend to sit and think. Maybe listen to some music and close my eyes.... It's quite relaxing most times! But then you'll have the occasional teacher-that-worked-late walking by to leave and it's really awkward...

Then there's the people that have late practices for sporting events (which is rarer), but indeed more awkward.

I plug in my earbuds and click on the top playlist, "The Kind of Hopeful Sad." I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower a while back and that one quote really stuck with me... It was my favorite book too, I think.

I click on shuffle and Skyscraper by Demi Lavato (also, one of my idols) comes on. I used to dislike this one actually, thinking it was just another song. But when you're going through something, no matter what it is, listening to music that relates to you makes you feel better.

Music just has a way of making life tolerable when everything else feels hopeless. And for that, earbuds are always either in my pocket or in my ears.

The song gets to the first chorus and since nobody's around, I start mouthing the lyrics.

I see a flash of a shadow or something to my right and I immediately shut my mouth. It's coming closer and i decide to drag my head into the book that laid next to my side.

My eyes flicker up the the figure as it comes into view, oh shit.

I hear a muffled, "hey!" leave his mouth and I pull out one of my earbuds.

"Hi," I send him a small smile and he climbs up the fence to sit next to me.

"What are you doing here so late?"

"Oh, um nothing much. I stay here late sometimes."

I think he got the clue cause he just nodded his head in an, "oh..", a few strands of dirty blonde hair falling in his eyes.

He leaned closer so his arm brushed mine and I struggled not to tense up noticeably. And in a lower voice he asked, "So.... Whatcha listening to?"

I handed him the other earbud and he gratefully accepted it. I went to skip the rest of Skyscraper but he placed his hand on mine. "Nah, start it from the beginning."

I gulped, but nodded, starting it from the beginning.

"Skies are crying, I am watching