A group of Uruks, covered in shields, approach the main gate.

-Northway! Nauthannen!- the elves shoot at Aragon's order, and many of the Uruks fall down.

-Is this it? Is this all you can conjure, Saruman?- king Thèoden shouts. Below, the troops carry Saruman's explosives to the drain. An Uruk soldier carrying a bright torch runs towards the hole.

-Togo hon dad, Legolas! Dago hon! (Legolas, stop him! Kill him!)

Legolas hits the Uruk with two arrows, but fails to kill it, letting the Uruk-hai light the explosives.
A large part of the wall explodes and the shock makes Arya and Aragorn fall.
Huge boulders fly through the air. Aragorn lies on the ground, unconscious. Saruman's army starts to crowd through the hole in the wall. At the gates, the Uruks try to break through.

-Brace the gates!- the king tells his men- the men run to the gate and try to hold it, as the Uruks pound from the other side -Hold them! Stand fast!

•••••

Legolas rushes to Arya's unconscious figure taking her softly in his arms.
Arya opens her eyes as Legolas shakes her gently. She stands up shakily leaning on the elf and presses her Dragon Rider Mark to her wounded side.

-Waíse Heíl- the skin knits together fairly quickly and a bit of her energy runs out, although not enough to tire her. She sees a bruise on Legolas'  forehead and she carefully takes his face in her hands -Waíse Heíl- she repeats the spell healing his wound (Heal yourself).

Legolas feels his face burn as the woman in front of him brushes a strand of his blond hair out of the way.

-Hado i philinn! (Hurl the arrows!)- they hear Aragorn yell from somewhere in the battlefield. Arya smiles and feels a surge of confidence whith which she kisses Legolas' nose lightly before running off with the soldiers who were rallying to her friend -Herio! (Charge!)- They attack, Aragorn leading them.

Legolas takes a shield from the ground, shaking his head to clear it and rides down the stairs on it, shooting arrows at the Uruks. The Uruks continue flowing in from the hole in the wall, but they are met by men and elves and a dwarf.

••••••••••
•••••

Treebeard again approaches the hobbits after another deliberation with his kind.

-The Ents cannot hold back this war. We must weather such things as we have always done.

-How can that be your decision?!

-This is not our war.

-But your part of this world! Aren't you?- the Ents glance at each other, looking self-conscious -You must help. Please. You must do something.

-You are young and brave, master Merry. But your part in this tale is over. Go back to your home.

Merry puts his coat back on and Pippin gets an idea.

-Maybe Treebeard's right. We don't belong here, Merry. It's too big for us. What can we do in the end? We've got the Shire. Maybe we should go home.

-The fires of Isengard will spread. And the woods of Tuckburough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone- Merry grabs Pippin's shoulder -There won't be a Shire, Pippin.

••••••••••
•••••

-Aragorn, pull back to the gate!- the king and his guards retreat away from the hordes of orcs.

-Am Marad! (To the Keep!).

-Nan barad! Haldir! Nan barad! (Pull back! Haldir! Pull back!).

The gate is almost broken and Arya stands by the king.

-To the gate! Draw your swords!- the king, with his men, try to defend the breaking gate.

-We can't hold much longer.

Aragorn rushes to the gate.

-Hold them!

-How long do you need?

-As long as you can give me!

-Gimli!- he calls to the dwarf and they head away.

-Argent!- Arya communicates with her friend.

-Go look for Gandalf! Gandalf!- she shouts one last time before returning to slashing her opponents.

-Stubborn human- Argent grumbles. He does not want to but he reluctantly changes course.

He sniffs the cold air and catches the whiff of horses. Following the trail, he finds A large group of horse men and the two legged wizard Arya had asked him to find.

••••••••••
•••••

When Éomer and his men see the giant dragon circling them they rush to form a protective circle. Many of them praying and trembling in fear, for they knew that if the beast decided to attack they could do little to nothing to stop it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••