Chapter 2

Joong's pov:

We went out of the room after we showered and changed into fresh clothes.

I was clutching Pavel's sleeve tightly as we went down the hallway.

The place was huge.

Even the bedroom itself was bigger than our whole apartment.

Pavel squeezed my hand as we reached the stairs.

"Just do as they say. We won't get hurt if we follow their words." He looked at me.

I bit my lips and nodded.

We slowly made our way down the stairs.

I couldn't help but look around in awe.

The interior design was beautiful. 

It was a mix of pastel, black, and white. 

It wasn't too dark but not too bright either. 

It was just perfect. 

"Come here." We looked to the side when we heard a voice. 

They were sitting at the table which had been set already. 

"Let's eat." The black-haired one said. 

We slowly made our way to the table and sat down on the chairs they ushered us towards. 

There was complete silence as we ate. 

"You'll be living with us from now on." The white-haired one spoke up after we finished eating.

We stiffened and looked at them wide-eyed.

"Rest assured. We don't plan on doing anything to you. But you'll be staying with us. You will go to classes as usual." They sat back.

Pavel and I looked at each other before looking at them.

"C-can I ask why?" Pavel spoke up.

"Those marks." They pointed at our necks.

I blinked.

Are they talking about our butterfly-shaped birthmarks?

"They're... Birthmarks..." I muttered.

"We know. But they signify something else for us. They help us identify you among all the other humans." The black-haired one said.

I frowned confused.

"Identify us?"

"You're our mates. We share the same mark." They rolled their sleeves revealing identical marks on their wrists.

"Mates? I thought that was just a fairytale." I said.

"For humans, it is a fairytale. For us, vampires, it's not." The white-haired one.

We blinked profusely.

"I'm sorry... Did you just say... Vampires?" Pavel asked slowly.

They nodded and opened their mouths wide.

Our eyes widened when we saw their abnormally large canine teeth or should I say fangs?

"It might be hard to believe right now. It's understandable. But one thing that is for sure is that we're not letting you go anywhere. You'll be staying with us from now on. We won't hinder your studies but you're not allowed to go to jobs. We'll provide you everything you need and want." The black-haired one.

Our jaws hung low.

"Oh, and my name is Saint. And he's Zee. You can just call us by our names. No need for honorifics." The white-haired one pointed at himself then at the black-haired one.