Day 4: Thursday

|Farkle|

It's already the fourth day into the bet and so far, everything is going great. Sadly, its all about to come to an end and Maya & I will go back to our normal lives. I'm not looking for it because for once, I was in a relationship with my crush and I kissed her. The kiss. I still have to talk to Maya about the kiss...to see if she felt anything because I know I did. It was the greatest feeling I ever experience.

The alarm started going off, interrupting me from my sleep. I rolled over to hit snooze and I laid back down, since I didn't feel like getting up. Normally I'm up before the alarm can even beep, but I'm not in the mood to get up. The week is almost over and soon I'll have to go back to my normal life.

"Farkle, son, are you up?" My father asked, peeking his head through the doorway.

"I'm not in the mood!" I shouted with the covers over me.

My father was surprised because we loved both going to school and proving the teachers wrong. Yes, my father is Stewart Minkus.

He stepped into the room and walked over to my bed, "Farkle, what's going on? You always love going to school," He sat down at the end of my bed.

"Yeah, but what's the point on going when you know this week is about to be over and soon you have to go back to your normal life and act like nothing happened the past week," I sat up straight in my bed and sighed.

"You're talking about the bet with Maya?" He questioned as I nodded my head. "Son, you should tell her how you feel about it. I know, she knows, practically everyone knows that you had a crush on her since the first grade; I think you should tell her on how you actually feel. Who knows she may have felt the same way... You never know if you don't go for it."

My father is right, but is it possible that Maya may felt the same way? This is Maya I'm talking about here. The girl who shows no affections whenever I try to flirt with her...well, except, for this week but I mean the other times when I try to flirt...although it involves me fainting in some sort of way. I have to talk to her sometime today or tomorrow, before this week ends.

"Thanks dad," I smiled at him.

"Anytime son," he responded as he kissed the top of my head and walked out of my room.

I got up and put on my clothes that I laid out the night before: orange-yellowish turtleneck with a blue-green striped polo on top of it, maroon jeans, and brown converse. I quickly went to the bathroom to do my essentials and after that, headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

"Morning honey," my mother said kissing the top of my head, "I made waffles and scrambled eggs," she handed me a plate with waffles and scrambled eggs.

"Thanks mom," I grab the plate from her and sat down at the kitchen counter, and began eating. After I finished, I rinsed the plate in the sink and put it in the dishwasher. I went back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth & combed my hair. I grabbed my backpack off the floor and threw it over my shoulders.

"Bye guys!" I shouted, walking out the front door.

"Bye son!" My parents called out as I closed the front door.

I made my way over to Riley's, since it's like almost a tradition that Maya and I (sometimes Lucas) meet up at her apartment, and walk to school together. Once I got there, I went inside the lobby and pressed the buzzer.

"Farkle," I said through the intercom.

Couple of minutes passed and Riley buzzed back, "Come on up."