Chapter 18: Escape

Start from the beginning

"What!?"

"Are you insane!?"

"We have to do this! Now keep your eyes around us. If you saw something suspicious, immediately report it." She didn't even wait us to give our response when she turn right and immediately turn off the headlights. What's more crazy is that she's still speeding the car! We're in the middle of the woods! She could've hit a huge tree or an animal or something in here!

But we decided to trust her. I kept my eyes wide, looking around our surrounding. I can see that Sunny is doing the same thing. While Taeyeon is focus in front of us. I see nothing but the huge trees outside. It's completely dark and Taeyeon's driving fast so I can't really clearly see anything outside. Just when I thought I saw some lights, Taeyeon turn right once again. Why does she kept on turning right though?

Suddenly, she surprised us by stepping on the break. She turn off the engine and I look at her confusingly. We're definitely not at the safe house she's talking about. We're just in the middle of the woods!

"Tae..."

"Shhh! It's okay. Trust me." She held my hand and caressed it using her thumb. It immediately calm my nerves. I felt warm. She gives me this sense of comfort that tells me I'm safe. So I nod my head, showing her that I do really trust her.

Even though it's dark, I can see that she gave me a sweet warm smile before kissing my hand softly. I know it's weird to say this but heck! She gives me butterflies in my stomach even though we're in the middle of the woods for who knows why!

Suddenly, we heard cars around us, they are speeding like hell too! I froze in my seat. I subconsciously held Taeyeon's hand tightly. We all fell in deep silence while listening to the cars pass through us. I jumped on my seat when I saw a few cars drive pass in front of us. They are literally like 6 feets away from us! I look around and just then I realized that there's a small cabin beside us. This is a good hiding spot! Wow. Taeyeon is amazing. Now I know why she turn off the engine. She knew that they are behind us!

"You knew that they are behind us!?" I couldn't help but to voice it out.

"Yes."

"How?"

"When I was driving on the road a while ago, I saw a few cars from our back trailing us behind. To make sure, I had to turn right more than 4 times to confirm if they are indeed following us. And yeah. Before I turn to enter the woods I saw them still on our back. Since it's dark and I know every corner of this woods, I decided to turn off the lights so they can't follow us easily. But I know that they are going to search for us no matter what so I hide us behind this small cabin." She explained gently. The more I hear about it the more amazed I become. She's dang clever!

"Who are they?" I was startled to see Sunny's head between Taeyeon and I.

"Gosh, Sunny! You scare me!" I protested.

"The Chois." Taeyeon answered her question.

"What? How do you know?"

"We will tell you everything once we reach the safe house. For now you have to go back to your seat and wear your seatbelt. We will leave now."

"Are you crazy? They are still here!"

"They will search for us until the other exit of the woods. It will take some time before they come back to find us here. And we will take that as our advantage to escape." While speaking, Taeyeon turn on the engine but still with the headlights off.

"Again, keep your eyes wide open. Report any suspicious movements, person, or things you saw around us." She gave us a serious look. I nod my head frantically. I'm scared to death!