Are they,,, on a date?

"Y/N! Sorry, I'm late!" You snapped out of your thoughts as you noticed a brunette hurriedly running towards you, completely out of breath. "My bus was running late." She grinned.

"I figured but you should have at least messaged me." You forced out a smile, doing your best to remain composed.

"Hehe, I forgot." She stuck her tongue out as she scratched the back of her head.

"Anyway, let's quickly get going before the cafe's line gets too long!" She exclaimed before she hastily took a hold of your arm, dragging you away while you struggled to keep up with her pace, giving you no time to say anything back to her.

"Wait— Slow down!" You told her as she kept pulling you along with her.

"No, I won't!" Her grip tightened the more you resisted as you knew there was no way she was going to listen to you so you had no choice but to listen to her.

The corner of your eyes instinctively looked back to the area your attention was on earlier before you felt an ache in your heart as you noticed that they were nowhere to be found. Your lips curved into a small frown as you thought of the worst possible scenario; could it be that Chifuyu also held feelings for her?

Your mind went blank for a second before you quickly shook your head, throwing out all the negative thoughts. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly Y/N! There must be a reason as to why they're out together; you continued to tell yourself that.

Either way, this wasn't time to be thinking about them right now. What you should be caring about right now was how you were going to enjoy the day with your best friend! Yeah, that's right! After all, that's the entire reason why you're out today. So all you needed to do was to pretend that you didn't see anything and erase the memory of Chifuyu and from your head Rin and it'll be fine!

A smile slowly made its way onto your face as you were determined to make sure that you were going to make the best out of your day out with Sayu. It shouldn't be that hard,,, right?

"Y/N? Are you even listening to me?" Sayu waved her hands in front of you as your eyelids flickered

"Yeah, I am." You smiled. That was a complete lie.

You haven't paid attention to a single thing she's said ever since she opened her mouth. You and Sayu were currently seated in the cafe you had promised to go to as you sat on the opposite side of the table, enjoying the cafe's special desserts.

You knew this was wrong, you knew you should be providing Sayu with your full attention during this precious time you were spending with her but you still couldn't bring yourself to forget about the two classmates of yours you saw from earlier.

But you couldn't help it; the image of Rin and Chifuyu just continued to replay over and over again in your head and you couldn't push it out no matter how hard you tried to. It brought back the same feelings you were feeling the other day and you couldn't brush it away. And the more you thought about it, the more that feeling was consuming your body, and you didn't like it a single bit.