•𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯•

When you had woken up this morning, you assumed that had been the worst you could've ever felt, but oh boy were you wrong.
This. The aching of your eyes, the headache, the too-bright-lights of your room and the cold feeling of your body. This was an absolutely horrible feeling, and you almost thought you were dying.

It seemed to dull out a few moments after you woke, though. You were thankful for that. However, you were still in pain, and really needed some water.

Your mouth was dry, again, so you decided to pull yourself together to reach for the plastic water bottle that was just out of your reach.  You sighed when your finger grazed the bottle and knocked it over, and flopped back to your original position.  You were definitely sick, you concluded.  You just hoped it would get better by tomorrow.

  After a few seconds of trying to find your will, you sat up slowly and rolled off the bed.  You picked the water bottle up and drank quickly, not realizing how dehydrated you were until now.

  You blinked as your eyes were still adjusting to the light, and saw that it was dark out.  You looked around for your phone and grabbed it.  The time was now 8 PM.  You had slept for over 4 hours.

  You felt even more concerned when you realized you hadn't eaten all day, and you weren't half as hungry as you should've been.  You felt stressed now, and tried to take your mind off of everything by getting your stuff ready for tomorrow.  Not before setting your alarm for the morning, though.

  You didn't have many clothes to choose from, so you just picked something that looked presentable and packed all your stuff.  You felt uneasy about going to school in the condition you were in, but you didn't really have a choice.  Not if you wanted to never see your parents again.

  You didn't feel as tired as you should've at this time, and mentally groaned at the thought of waking up tomorrow.  It would be a pain, literally and figuratively.

  You decided to go out and find a vending machine, or even see what pre-packaged processed food they had in the tiny cafeteria.

  You grabbed a few coins and left your room, and found yourself face to face with a vending machine straight down the hallway.  You bought a few snacks and brought them back, trying to eat something.

  You managed to stomach an entire bag of chips, and a few other snacks, but your stomach felt queasy, so you didn't eat anymore.  You ended your day there and went to bed.  When you fell asleep however, you didn't know.
  At this point, all you wanted was to go home. Where was home, exactly? Well, it wasn't a matter of where, but who. And you already knew the answer to that.

  You awoke to the sound of your alarm and groggily opened your eyes.  At least you didn't feel as horrible as yesterday, but your body certainly didn't agree with rising so early.  Despite it, you got up, and lazily dressed yourself, trying to not look so dead. You washed your face and fixed your hair, and made sure you looked fine before grabbing your bag and phone and heading out. On the way to the door, you bought an energy bar from the vending machine in hopes it would serve to keep you steady throughout the morning.

You groaned pitifully at the thought of what needed to be done during the day. If it were anytime before now, you would've been looking forward to work after school. After all, it had been your escape from your parents, and it used to be where you met Garcello almost every day. You sighed, wondering how he was doing. You had felt bad about it, but you silenced all his messages and calls temporarily. You couldn't afford to cave into the desire to simply go back and risk getting Garcello hurt. Your parents were pretty insane, so you hoped that this whole thing hadn't been in vain and they actually left him alone.