•𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦• (+A/N)

You stood there, behind the glass door, watching as the rain poured mercilessly, practically flooding the streets.

Well, it wasn't that bad, but streams were definitely forming in the curbs and running down the road.

You saw a few people walking around with umbrellas, and realized you probably should've heeded that weather warning and brought something with you. Either way, it was far too late for regrets, so you considered your options.

You looked at your phone, which was almost dead, and tried to figure out if there was any time it was estimated to stop. Unfortunately, this McDonald's would be closed by the time the rain ceased, so you supposed you had only one option at this point. You would have to run through the rain.

You took a second to figure this out. You didn't want to get completely soaked, not with the bag that contained most of your belongings right now.

You thought of the little roofs that hang over front door in front of stores, and decided you'd stick to those. They wouldn't provide full coverage, but at least they'd help even a bit.

You pulled your bag off your shoulder and hugged it close to your chest. If there was anything you wanted to keep dry, it was the bag, and it definitely wouldn't stay dry if you kept it exposed on your back.

When you opened the glass door, the breeze hit you instantly, sending a chill down your spine and throughout your entire body. You were not dressed properly for this.

You realized that the McDonald's was relatively warm, and wished for the warmth again. Then, you started sprinting in the direction of your hotel.

The first gap in between roofs was extremely noticeable, because the cold droplets began soaking you instantly, your shirt sticking to your back uncomfortably. You kept running, though.  As you ran, you curled over the backpack, trying to keep it safe and dry.

You had been sprinting at full speed, but you couldn't exactly keep it up for very long. You weren't sure how long you had been running, but after a while, you began to feel the exhaustion set in. Your legs felt wobbly, like they would give out any second now. They were burning, and your heart was beating rapidly in your chest.

You thought that mini workout would help warm you, but once you started sweating, you found that it only helped fuel the shivers racking your body.

You came to a halt under some umbrella in front of a restaurant, and gave yourself time to breath. You were panting and tired, and knew you had a lot more ahead of you.

As you were catching your breath, you saw a flash of lightning illuminate the dark sky, and heard the thunder boom not too long afterwards. It was close. You tried to slow your breathing so it would calm, and assured yourself you would make it back soon enough.

After a few minutes of steadying your breathing, you continued, this time a little slower to conserve your energy.

You didn't know how long you had been switching in between jogging and sprinting. The sky kept lighting up around you as thunder crackled over and all around you. There were times you could've sworn you saw where the lightning met the ground, but ignored it in favor of running, the wind pushing against you harshly.

Maybe it had been an hour or so, considering breaks, but you made it back in one piece. Though, you were a soaked, dripping wet piece.

By the time you made it to the hotel, you felt numb, and was shivering more violently by the second. You put your back pack down, since it was dry here, and squeezed most of the water off of your clothes, just so you wouldn't get the hotel itself all wet.