eleven

Finn and Rory spent two more days in London. Finn worked during the day while Rory relaxed, shopped and completed a few social obligations as required of her courtesy of Emily, at least this time she only committed her to lunches and afternoon teas. Not long dinners and parties. This was how Finn and Rory ended up having dinner together every day they were in London. They had visited pubs for a pub dinner, and also had dinner one night at a Michelin starred restaurant, which while fantastic food was not enough to fill either of them. They ended up stopping for take out on the way home that night, eating french fries and burgers on Rory's couch while still in their fancy clothes. That night Finn broached the subject of their further travel. They ended up agreeing to go to Edinburgh on the same dates, Rory had yet to book a place to stay there so Finn agreed to arrange a room for her. She would go to York on the days in between and he would go to Chester.

Three days later Rory arrived in Edinburgh and had a car take her to the address Finn had emailed her. When she arrived she was delighted, the Morgan hotel was ideally situated with a great view of the castle. Rory walked into the hotel and up to the reception desk.

"Rory Gilmore to check in please," she stated to the receptionist. The receptionist typed her name in the system, once she saw how she was registered the receptionist straightened up and her tone changed from bored to attentive.

"Miss Gilmore, here is your key. Mr Morgan has advised us to let you know he is here but is attending a meeting and will come visit you once he is free." At this the receptionist attempted to subtly look Rory up and down, wondering at the woman who appeared to have captured the boss's attention.

"Thank you," Rory politely replied before turning to move towards the elevators. Rory was unsurprised to find her room was on the top floor of the hotel, she was however surprised when she opened the door to her room and walked into an ornately decorated sitting room with two couches and a standing fully stocked bar, but the best part of all was the amazing view out the window. She had a completely unobstructed view of the castle and Royal mile. Rory continued on through the room and found it had two bedrooms, one on each side of the sitting room and each with marble bathrooms and jetted tubs. Finn had gone completely over the top with her room assignment, Rory wondered if maybe they were going to share the suite. She decided to sit on the couch facing the windows and pulled out her ipad to read. She still preferred a real book but she had finally accepted the ease of reading on her ipad while travelling.

Rory's reading was interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door, followed by the telltale click of the locking mechanism opening.

"Rory, Kitten, are you in here?" Finn asked as he walked into the suite.

"In here Finn"

"You're a sight for sore eyes love." he said, coming over to give her a hug.

"Been a long few days?" she asked while still in his embrace.

"Like you wouldn't believe," he said, releasing her.

"Now before we get too comfortable, I have a question for you. As you have probably seen, this is a two bedroom suite, are you comfortable to share this with me? Don't worry I wasn't presumptuous, I currently have a room down the hall if you would rather we were separated."

"I'm ok to share with you Finn, it's no problem."

"Great I will call down and get them to move my stuff in here while we are out later. Now Kitten, you said you wanted to play tourist here, are you too tired to do things this evening or would you be willing to go out?"

"Lifes too short to be tired Finn, I'm good to go out."

"Great! Casual clothes, love, jeans and sneakers are needed. Chop chop"