5. Trouble in the Market!

Start from the beginning

Quest Complete! Trouble in the Market: you helped Augur recover his belongings without a failure in record time and strengthen your reputation in town. Reward: +2 000 XP, 200 Marks, relationship with Augur, Runar, Burkhard and Aarav increased, prices of stores in town decreased by 25%. Come back to collect further rewards.

 Soon Thavin, who wore a smith attire, and Burkhard and even Runar joined them at The Mage Needle, where the group agreed on meeting up once everything is sorted, to just have a chat before the group heads to the Temple, „my, I never knew you were into smiting Thavin, the more you know."
 „No, it's just temporary, Burkhard was kind enough to let me borrow some of his clothing before he gets my equipment sorted," replied Thavin and Athel glanced at Thavin, then at Burkhard and back to Thavin.
 „If I have to lend you my money to pay this I'll make you pay it back the same day," said Athel, clearly indicating he seriously had no intention of lending his money to Thavin.
 „I assure you, you won't pay a dime, it's a simple alteration, not a set of unique rating equipment, as much as I'd like a set like that, I'm afraid that we won't see one like that for a while," explained Thavin and Athel let him off the hook for now. Burkhard was amused at the dynamic of the group. Virion laughed joyfully at that, as if he remembered something funny. Larrel was just eying the three like he doesn't know them, which is not wrong, but isn't correct either.
 „I think you need to tell me what happened during your first time playing Tales of Farunasa that you keep mentioning things like this," responded Larrel and watched as Virion's face lit up.
 „You're in for a wild ride my friend, our dear Thavin, or Revio the Nature Spirit Bard had a knack for somehow losing all his money constantly ever since that Necromancer started following us, I'm still owed those five crowns Thavin," stated Virion as he motioned toward Thavin, who quickly handed Virion three crowns.
 „You know full well that Revio got rightfully deleted and these are the only crowns I have right now," said Thavin, Burkhard taking him on mercy and giving Virion those last two crowns, saying he doesn't mind being two crowns short, when adventures will make it up threefold and Thavin is something of a friend to him by now.
 Larrel looked at Thavin in confusion, „rightfully deleted?"
 „Let's just say he somehow managed to seduce a boss we were supposed to defeat - which we did, not knowing why he was so easy to take down," Athel looked at Thavin, who just nodded for him to continue, „later after leaving the town we collected our reward at, that same boss literally pulled poor Revio into a bush to kiss him, and at some point started confessing his love for Revio, which is when we got to them, the boss, the aforementioned Necromancer, was chasing us ever since."
 „My brother would do anything to get to play Revio, I also believe he has a big crush on that Necromancer ever since I showed him a picture, but if I wanted to keep my account I needed to delete Revio, I believe there isn't an owner transfer thing anyway, at least he got freed from that obsessive Necromancer I hope," replied Thavin making it clear he'd like his brother to be able to play as Revio since he wanted to. As the group chatted they let the NPCs do what they wanted, not paying much attention to them. So it happened that Aarav draped an expensive looking cloak around Athel and a more average cloak around Larrel, Burkhard purchasing some nice fabric and hiding it in one of Thavin's satchels, Runar hid some amulets in everyone's satchels and as for Augur, he hid some extremely rare items in in their satchels, before deciding to get their attention back. Augur took a strand of Virion's curls and then raised it to his face to look closer.
 Thavin soon noticed and was quite alarmed, „hey, what are you doing?"
 Virion was freaked out and winced, his hair still in Augur's hand, who looked at Thavin with some strange expression in his eyes, „can't I just take a look at such beautiful locks and adore them?"
 „Not at my friend's expense," Thavin wasn't going to budge on that one, that much one could tell.
 Augur looked at the strand in his hand, toying with it for a moment before releasing it from his grip and backing away, „my apologies, I did not know you heard of that old tradition, I am one of the few who do not condone it, I'll understand if you're mad at me."
 Thavin looked him in the eyes and saw that it was genuine, „I see, your apology is accepted, just don't scare us like this again please."
 „I understand, I'll be more careful in the future," responded Augur, which was when Athel and Larrel took notice of the cloaks.
 „Aarav, if this cloak is anywhere near the level of these robes you can seriously keep both of them in your closet," said Athel before checking what this cloak was, then taking it off and handing it to Aarav who did not expect this, „I'll go change now."
 Aarav last minute griped Athel's hand, „no, I don't want anything for it, you can keep it, please, don't be so rash, I beg you."
 Athel looked at him, his tone passive aggressive, trying to yank himself free himself from Aarav's grip, „you sold me a straight up legendary robe, worn by a god, do you think I wouldn't be rash? How would YOU react?!"
 „Well, I wouldn't be much better I confess, but please reconsider," said Aarav when Athel finally freed himself, but instead of fleeting he looked at Aarav. Athel took a moment to calm down and took the cloak back. Party was about to leave for the Temple, when a Nature Spirit Bard ran into the shop and hid in one of the stalls.
 „Was that Re-" Virion couldn't finish his sentence, because a Drow Necromancer entered next, before apologising and leaving, his direction toward the market. Nature Spirit left the shop soon afterwards and ran out of the town, „Thavin, I think we called it."
 Thavin only nodded in acknowledgement of the fact and after waving the shopkeepers and Augur a "see you later", they were on their way. They did take notice of the Necromancer in the market on their way, possibly he was shopping and asking about Revio's whereabouts.

 Once they reached the temple Syvis was awaiting their return. Syvis was ecstatic that they were alright and Sister Temple still stood. Syvis invited them inside the temple for a well deserved rest. Party told Syvis what went on and why they didn't come right away, she wasn't mad in the slightest.

Quest Complete! Unholy Siege: You freed the South Sisterhood Temple of Eher from monsters of Dark Militia. Reward: +2 500 XP, 1 000 Marks, improved reputation with Temple of Eher and related factions, improved relationship with High Priestess Syvis.

 Afterwards they all logged off, ending their first session as a party on a finished quest, but they knew that more was on it's way.