Seven: Entertaining the Social Elite

~~**~~

"Some people are afraid of generosity. They feel they will be taken advantage of or oppressed." - Ajahn Chah

~~**~~

Park Jimin was horrendously bored.

He rarely allowed the glamour and status of his financial wealth to effect his ego, but, in that single moment, sat watching his aunt babble to a shop employee, he was incredibly bored.

The shop offered none of the usual feverrant array of style Jimin was used to when choosing an event outfit, opting for straight plain suits and stiff rigid dress shirts that allowed very little exposure of skin.

Everything seemed too conservative. And that was an impressive statement given Aunt Rosalina's tastes. Even if they didn't splash out on a suit costing a hefty sum, he had not expected to end up trying on something he'd likely wear to a strict business conference.

His work phone buzzed. Two messages popped up. One reminding him he had a studio shoot later that day and the other was a last minute client call. It was a fifteen minute drive away at a hotel. Surely, Jimin grinned, he could leave, do the job and return before his aunt noticed?

Since his aunt had demanded he join her for this dinner event, he'd been unable to take a single client request and now, 24 hours without his addiction was becoming unbearable. It had taken almost all of his strength not to approach the cute bartender that night he and his Aunt had spoken, something he deeply regretted given the current state of his hormones.

He didn't know if he could wait until he met his colleagues at the studio later.

Perhaps oddly, while sitting waiting for his Aunt to make a decision, his mind started drifting back to Min Yoongi's cousin.

He had not, as requested by his friend, spoken to Jungkook since he'd discovered who the kid was, but he still could not stop thinking about the small memories he did hold with the waiter. The feeling of Jimin holding him in his arms as he sobbed, the realisation of sharing a space so intimately that they could feel each other's soft, laboured breaths. The mindless chatter on the bus, the nervous, yet friendly glances at the cafe.

He'd spent less than a week getting to know Jungkook and yet he felt as if they'd been friends for much longer. Would it really be that bad if he spoke to him behind Yoongi's back?

In his present state, Jimin was unsure if he was simply filled with lust driven confidence or, Jungkook was really that important that he'd risk being murdered in his sleep. While others might have seen the actor's fear as a melodramatic exaggeration, they evidently had not met Min Yoongi.

Since first meeting Yoongi, courtesy of his school friend Kim Taehyung, it had been made extremely clear that 'Min Yoongi's cousin was off limits'. Which, given he was a Jeon, had come with some understanding regardless of Yoongi's protective nature.

"Jimin."

Jeon Jungkook was unknowingly banned from Yoongi's friend group, not even introduced via a photo or name and shipped off to New York during his early adult years under the pretense of total, independent choice. Whilst away studying, Yoongi had laboured himself to death across those four years to ensure his cousin would return to vast financial stability and comfort, independent of their uncle. And Jeon Jungkook would remain none the wiser of his heritage.

Needless to say, despite Min Yoongi being a dear friend, even the warning Jimin had received after asking for Jungkook's number had been enough to fear the businessman. Jimin sympathised for his friend's work competitors...