• Chapter Two •

The rest of school day and walk back my dorm was proving to be uneventful. The melody that was stuck in my fucking head made its way back to the forefront.

"It's you, baby, I'm feeling. Can't help it. I'm feining..." I hummed to myself. I stopped in my tracks to pull out my phone. Pulling up my notes app to jot down those lyrics, adding it to the other unsung lyrics.

"On your left!" I heard a high-pitched voice yell. I looked up and turned around alarmed when suddenly I was hit by a force. fell onto the ground with someone landing on top of me, taking all the wind out of my chest along with it.

My book bag luckily stopping me from fully hitting the ground and knocking my head. I could already tell this year was boutta suck, if this was my first day.

"I am so, so sorry! Are you okay?" It was the same voice.  I opened my eyes to meet a set of hazel ones. Her face was really close to mine. So close I could smell her breath and it smelled like bubblicious gum. I ain't even know they still made that shit.

It was a girl. Laying on my chest, "Can I get up now." She laughed. I looked at her confused. Was she asking my permission to get off me? I'm good with her staying right here, honestly.

"You're kind of holding me..." I looked and she was right. My arms were clasped tight around her bare waist. Oh, that's why. I could feel heat rush to my cheeks.

Embarrassment was winning today.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I let go. She got up and reached her hand down to me and I waved it off. I helped myself up. That's when I finally got a chance to look at her. She was a cute girl. Really cute.

Her hair was loc'ed and up in a ponytail. She was my light brown and actually close to my height, which was pretty tall for a girl. She had a small nose piercing that kind of made her face shine brighter under the sun, if that makes sense. Her features were so soft, she was like Disney princess.

She smirked and pulled on strap of her sports bra, watching me as I bent down to pick up my phone, "Even though, I did say on your left." I guess that meant something in the runners' world. I wouldn't fucking know that.

I rubbed the back of my head, "Yeah, hopefully college helps me learn my left from right." I said sarcastically which brought a light laugh from her lips.

"Cute. I'm Andrea." She stood her hand out for me to shake which I took.

"Gavin. Well, I'll let you get back to your run," I stepped to the side, opening my arm wide, gesturing, "After you."

Her eyes widened in surprise, "Oh, me first? How gentlemen like. Well, unless you just want to look at my ass. Then I take that back." She gave me a mischievous look.

I grabbed my chest in fake offense, "What? Me? Never...maybe." I chuckled.

She pushed my arm slightly, "You better look. I don't run everyday for nothing." Andrea rubbed my arm before sprinting off again. After a distance, she looked back to check if indeed I was staring. I definitely was.

My trance broke when my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked down to see a text from an unsaved number.

"Hey, it's Eric. The addy is 8115 New Terrace St. Like 9"

I replied back, "Cool."

I didn't expect another text from him to come through, "You still on campus?"

"I'm omw to my dorm"

"Oh, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go to the cafe"

I weigh my options. I could go back my dorm and be bored until the party or go to the cafe. Which I haven't seen, yet.