I smashed his lips onto mine, catching him off guard a little. My hands went to the side of his face, the coldness of his skin making me shiver.

We were surrounded by a comforting silence. In some cases, i hated silence. It would allow my mind to go back to the past. But now, it brought me tranquility.

"What did i do to deserve you?" His eyes seemed to study mine for those few minutes.

"Can you help me but it on?" I whispered, cocking my head slightly. He took out the piece of jewellery and i shifted so my back was facing him, my legs crossed, holding my hair up.

i felt the cold material hit my Collar bone, exhaling a clipped breath.

He placed his hands on my shoulders once he'd finished, kissing the soft spot on my neck.

"All done"

I turned back around to find Elijah with the breakfast tray in his hands, extending it towards me.

A variety of fruits were mixed together in a bowl, including pineapples, mango, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds and kiwi.

Pancakes with golden syrup drizzled over them where on a larger plate beside the fruit, a glass of orange juice and a Mug of coffee by the corners of the tray.

"You need to eat"

"I'm not hungry" i argued, fiddling with the golden charm, smiling to myself.

Elijah took my hand in his, pressing his lips to my knuckles.

"You need to eat" he repeated, his tone firm and sharp.

Shooting him a glare, i sighed in defeat, taking a piece of pancake in my mouth, moaning to the taste.

"I will never get over your cooking" i mumbled, picking up the fork and stabbing a slice of pineapple.

he smiled "I'm glad you like it, because it's all for you, mi amore"

I dragged another slice of kiwi with my teeth from the fork, licking off it's sour juices.

"You have to teach me how to, i bet a sock could cook better than i can"

"I think with a little tutoring" he leaned forward, planting a kiss to my nose "you could maybe do better than this sock"

I shoved his chest playfully earning a small laugh.

"I will beat that fucking sock, then it'll be sorry when i fucking Burn it" i scowled.

"Babe, this is a sock we're talking about"

He had a point.

"Do you want to end up like the sock will?"

"No ma'am" he shook his head.

"Then choose your words wisely"

"What ever you say, mi amore" i could still hear his faint laughter as he stepped out down the stairs.

I huffed, rolling out of the bed, planting my feet firmly on the floor and taking a few minutes to stop myself from feeling dizzy before following after him.

...

The rest of the day was amazing.

It had been the best birthday i could of ever asked for.

I was currently painting my eyelashes with the new maybelline mascara from the makeup set Emma had given me for Christmas and Im absolutely in love with it.