Chapter Seventeen ✘ Fast & Furious

Start from the beginning

"Hey tiger, looking for a partner?"

"Yup." I grin up at him, and he returns it, tugging me towards a black SUV. The owner, a professor I'm assuming, jumps out, gives us a thumbs up and walks off to the small seating area we set up for vehicle owners to stay while we wash up their cars.

Dragging a hose over, Nathan gets started on hosing the SUV down while I squirt the liquid soap into a bucket, creating foam to start scrubbing.

I'm screwing the lid shut on the soap bottle when a Rolls Royce pulls up into the empty slot right next to us, Jace and Thalia who partnered up following closely behind.

A woman slips out of the driver's seat, tosses Jace the keys with a warning look before strutting off. Jace exchanges a dramatic eye roll with Thalia before getting to work.

I turn away, focusing on my own task and not about how Jace's grey tank top proudly displays his inked arms. Curiosity nibs at me, eager to know what exactly his tattoos are because he has so many it's hard to tell them each apart.

I'm just interested in his tattoos. Because I like tattoos in general.

"Hey Jordyn!" Kai's voice calls, and I look up to see him a few feet away from me, hosing down a car with Faith. "This isn't the Fast & Furious, you don't get to just stand near a car and look pretty!"

I narrow my eyes at Kai, flipping him off with a smile on my face, to which he laughs at.

"I'm not complaining." Nathan adds, looking over at me, his eyes dancing down my body, taking in my halter neck bikini top, ripped denim shorts and Doc Martens.

"Shut up, Weston." I stick my tongue out at him before dipping a brush into the soap to start scrubbing down the hood.

Nathan grabs another one of the big brushes and helps me scrub down the entire SUV with soap, bobbing our heads to the tunes blasting from the speakers. So far, the fundraiser is a bashing success, cars rolling in pretty often, and everyone's having a good time along with it.

"Hey, grab the hose yeah?" Nathan jerks his head towards the hose lying a few feet away, flicking hair off his face.

"On it." I answer, dropping the brush in the bucket and going over to the hose with a gun fit into the nozzle to give high pressure water. The gun is locked to stop the water, and I struggle with it a little, trying to unfasten it.

"Damn it," I grunt, lifting the hose and tugging at the nozzle hard. It finally gives away, opening and shooting a spray of water directly in front of me.

"What the fuck!"

Oh shit.

I look up slowly to see Jace standing a few feet in front of me, holding his own hose and glaring down at his drenched tank top, the water making the thin material stick to his abs.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry!" I apologise, genuinely feeling bad and mentally slapping myself for being clumsy. "I was trying to unfasten it and—"

My words are cut off when a blast of icy water hits me right in the chest, soaking my bikini top and making me step back in surprise. Anger rages in me and my burning eyes lock with Jace, who's pointing his hose at me, looking extremely pleased with himself.