Chapter 33: Detention

Start from the beginning

I turned to the closest toilet to wipe the blood off my hand. The pain was unbearable, I gave a loud wince before drying some tears off my face before making my way back into the common room.

I climbed through the portrait hole to the Gryffindor common room. The large red and gold room was quite busy. I immediately noticed the two red heads and man with dreadlocks waiting for my return.

I took a deep breath before I walked my way over to them, ensuring that the carving wasn't seen.

"Hey boys" I said normally.

Fred's head raised quickly before a smile appeared on his face and pulled me onto the sofa next to him. He looked extremely worried.

"Are you okay? How was detention? Did she hurt you? Can I do anything?" He asked panicked.

"Freddie. I'm okay, detention was fine. I wrote some lines. She did not hurt me and there's nothing you can do" I lied, the only truth was that I done lines.

Fred gave a sigh of relief so I could tell he fell for my lies. I burrowed my head into his chest, desperately holding back tears of pain, my hand was throbbing and to think I had to do this for 6 more days.

"Come with us" George said.

The three boys jumped up and Fred luckily took my right hand before dragging me to their dorm. Lee opened the door to reveal the decorated dorm, equipped for a sleepover, with my dinner sitting and waiting on the table for me. I smile grew on my face, I was in desperate need for a sleepover and I was hungry.

"I'll be right back. I'll quickly grabbed my pyjamas" I said. But before I could leave Fred stopped me holding my matching pyjamas neatly folded.

"Thank you" I said. I made my way into the changing room to put them on. I pulled on my dressing own on top to ensure my hand can't be seen.

I walked out to see the boys sitting on the floor with a space for me between Fred and Lee, they placed my dinner in front of me when I sat down.

I ate my dinner enjoyably whist the four of us talked. Once I finished the plate and bowl had vanished back to the kitchens. We remained on the floor for a while until we decided to go to sleep. I climbed into Fred's bed. He joined shortly after, wrapped his arm around me and peacefully fell asleep again.

~.~.~.~

The next week passed by slowly, I barely talked in any lessons, especially Umbridge's. I didn't want my detention to increase.

Tonight was my final night of detention, to my relief the twins or Lee haven't noticed the carving on my wrist which is becoming more and more painful with each session, reopening the covered wound and cutting deeper. Umbridge detentions have become longer and longer. Last night I was in there for nearly two hours just writing the same thing over and over again.

I sat on the sofa engulfed by a hug by Fred. I had to reluctantly pry his arms off me to go to detention.

"I'll be waiting for you lovey" Fred said as he gave me a kiss.

"Okay. I'll see you later" I said.

The three boys gave me sad looks as I crawled out of the common room and back towards Umbridge's office.

To my relief, I knocked on the door for the final time.

"Come in" Umbridge said in her usual sweet sounding voice.

I opened the door to find five long pieces of parchment on the desk I've been using all week.

"Tonight you will have to complete all these pages before you can leave" she said cruelly. She handed me the quill and I begun.