THE END - Book 3 Preview

Thank you for reading TOOK ME YESTERDAY, book 2 of the Tomo trilogy. I know this book was a long time coming, and boy, was it a wild ride. 

When I initially set out to write book 2 years and years ago, I knew I wanted to explore the horror genre within the dystopian umbrella, and I had so much fun doing that with this book. Sophia is still one of my favorite characters ever. She is stubborn to a fault and so much fun to write. That said, I admit that this is not my most polished piece. There's lots I'd like to rewrite and rework one day! But I promised to share book 2 since fans of book 1 kept asking for it, and this is as far as I got with it. 

I definitely plan on sharing book 3 with everyone, too! (Did I mention a rough draft of that is also written?) 

I know it might be strange to read a writer's rougher works, but at the same time, I'd rather you all get to see the journey than wonder what happened to Sophia and Noah after book 1. 

I hope you enjoyed this strange, twisty journey. 

I'll definitely let everyone know when book 3 starts to go live. Until then, here's a sneak peek.

~SAT

...

Never Taken (book 3 of the Tomo trilogy) Preview

The Atlantic waves crashed against the shore, and with it, dawn broke. Gray smog formed clouds in the sky, but all I felt was relief.

Today was my last day in Raleigh.

"Sophia!" Broden's voice found me before he did, and while I never gave away my location, he beelined toward me like his radar functioned on the same frequency as mine. I wondered what frequency the others lived on. "What are you waiting for? Come on, let's go."

Though his words were restless, his eyes were weary. I knew exactly how he felt, because I felt the same way. Probably looked it, too.

I gave him a stern nod, and followed him back to the tall brick buildings that once housed my enemies. Enemies that fought my other enemies. Enemies that were now dead. It was only a matter of time before all my enemies were gone, one way or another, and the world sensed it. 

Relentless rain poured down on top of me. By the time we reached base, we were waterlogged from head to toe. On the tarmac, Tasia stood akimbo, her strong back facing me. She didn't turn when I stepped up to her side. She didn't flinch at all, though I did.

The plane in front of me was ragged.

Bits of metal curled back, rusted, and shielding on the wings had broken off. Dirt caked the glasses at the edges, where Owen and Olive couldn't clean off the years worth of damage, but the wheels seemed brand new.

"Out of all the things to replace," she started, "Phelps puts wheels on an airplane before he gives it wings."

"We could always drive it to Albany," I said sardonically.

Tasia managed a smirk, but when she met my eyes, her brilliant light faded. "This is a risk, Sophia. I'm serious."

"I know," I said, but I didn't care. Didn't have the time or energy to. 

When Tasia marched toward the plane, Miles stepped up to my side, a shoulder-strap bag held in both of his arms. I eyed his unruly hair and crooked grin. 

"Please tell me she's joking," he said. 

"Nope," I said, just as his bag stirred and a white head poked out. Epic, the kitten given to Lily by Penny in Louis City, was not supposed to go with. But the twins weren't the type to listen to rules.

"I'll pretend I didn't see that," I said.

"Me, too," Noah commented as he passed by us.

He had appeared and disappeared before I ever realized he was there. In the past three months, he'd become a ghost—never quite there, never quite forgotten—always lingering in the back of my mind but unable to be at the forefront of it. Traveling back to Albany had taken over my everything. My father was there. Lyn and Falo, too. But most of all, I would see my mother again.

One more trip could change my life forever. One more odyssey.