4

Maxim's

He lied to me, he fucking lied to me. That's what I get for trusting a villain.

"Maxim, he probably had a good reason to lie to us" My mom told me as we sat at the breakfast bar.

"A villain lying to us for a good reason? Get real mom" I rolled my eyes getting up from the bar. "I'm going to be late"

I put my dish in the sink and headed out the front door.

"Maxim?" My teacher called my name.

"Present" I raised my hand.

"Anubis?"

"Present" he sniffled out.

"Clair?" He went on with the role call.

I looked at Anubis who's right in front of me and he's covered in rain water. It wasn't even raining this morning how is he drenched?

"Alright, everyone is here so let's get on with the presentations, Maxim and Anubis you're up first" the teacher said.

I got my notebook from my bag and Anubis and I went up to the front.

We did our presentation but Anubis kept sneezing and shaking the whole time. He probably jumped in the lake before coming to school trying to get attention.

Anubis started to follow me to my next class and the whole time he was having sneezing sniffling fit.

"Will you shut up and stop following me" I stopped him.

"I'm just going to my class asshole" he shoved me going into the math room.

I watched him go up to his teacher and he brought his hand to his face wiping tears. The teacher got to his eye level and rubbed his shoulder trying to console him.

He's probably trying to get out of the class. Shaking my head I went to my class and got to my desk.

"Did you hear the big fight?" One of the villains talked to another.

"Oh yeah, it was Anubis, he broke the ceiling of his house and his mom kicked him out" anther villain chimed in.

"How do you know?"

"I live right by him, and I'm the one who actually fucked with the ceiling hoping it would finally kill him"

"Dude if only that would have worked, that sounded like a good damn plan"

"What the hell" I shouted looking at them.

"Hey hero, butt into someone else's conversations" one of them told me.

"You fucking bastards, that's attempt of murder" I balled up my hands.

"Well the point was to just finally kill him but whatever"

I was about to fight them but the teacher walked in.

"Maxim, what do you think you are doing?" My teacher raised her voice at me.

"They tried to kill Anubis last night" I pointed to the villains.

"Boys principles office now"

The guys scoffed and walked out of the classroom.

"Please tell someone ahead of time" my teacher sighed as the bell rang.

"They were just talking about it miss" a girl piped in.

"Oh, well thank you for clarifying, Maxim why don't you go to Anubis's class and see if he's okay"

"Can't, he hates me, I kicked him out of my house for lying to my mom about not knowing how to get home"

"He lied because that's what we're raised to do when shit goes wrong. Anubis got just kicked out, again" a villain girl said "it happens every month, last time it was about him eating a raw bacon strip, and that was last week"

Well I definitely fucked up.

"Dude, don't frown, it happens all the time with us, but with him it's more" a guy said.

"We will discuss this later, but we need to focus on class now, so everyone get out your books and turn to page 125"

I sat at my desk and did what I was told. I can't believe this. He's been suffering and I kicked him out. My mom was right, he did have a reason to lie.

"Anubis, Maxim over here" my mom honked her car horn.

I looked at Anubis and he started to walk away from me and the car.

"You're coming" I grabbed onto his shirt which is damp.

"I'm going home" He whispered.

"No the fuck you aren't, you're coming with me." I dragged him to the car.

"Anubis tell me the directions to your house sweetheart and I'll drop you off"

"It's-"

"He's not going back, ever" I cut him off.

"We can't take him away from his family"

"He kicked him out mom, they have been abusing him, so he ain't going back" I raised my voice.

"How did you-"

"Your villain friends told me everything about what they do to you" I cut him off once again.

"Anubis, you could've told us, we wouldn't have been mad at you" my mom said starting to drive.

"Villains lie, we can't help it, and I have told hero's but they didn't do anything because I'm a villain" Anubis started to cry.

We soon arrived home and I got out and Anubis got out.

"I'm going to get some groceries, Harper is at her gymnastics and your dad is going to stay overtime again" My mom rolled down the window.

"Okay, see you later then" I gave her a smile.

Anubis and I walked in the house and he fell down on his knees crying.

"Anubis you're okay, I'm here" I picked him up.

"I don't know what to do" he cried into my shoulder gripping onto me.

"It's okay, you'll stay here until we can figure something out I promise"

I brought him into the kitchen and tried looking for a clean cup but the only ones are sippy cups for my sister. I guess these will have to do.

Still holding Anubis I filled the cup with apple juice and brought him up to my room. I sat him down on the bed and gave him the sippy.

He looked at it but started to drink. Maybe I should've got him water but he needs something as a treat.

"Thankies" he whispered.

"You're welcome prince" I smiled.

Anubis giggled and started to suck his thumb. Does he have a little space?