Chapter 7: Thought I had a Way

Tasha counted all the boxes of junks she had stolen no collected and her lips broke into a wide grin, satisfied. She hummed as she hopped to the bathroom to take a nice warm bath before changing into another set of clothes. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell asleep.

...

Stretching her tired arms, she yawned before dragged the blanket away from her body. She realized it was already noon when she opened the curtains, and she sighed.

'I really need to start doing something creative before I die out of boredom' she thought, although she was secretly glad that she didn't have to worry about money anymore.

She had never slept for that long before, and she guessed it was because she was more relaxed now. She didn't have to worry about food and shelter now, at least this place wasn't as bad as she thought.

Her lips curled to a cocky smirk when she thought back to what happened the day before. Seeing that he left without retaliating at all she started to feel happy that she had established her position as the boss, however she knew better than to act rashly again, so she just decided to wait till ten before heading down to avoid provoking him.

Tasha settled for a quick shower, before changing into a white baggy tee and coupled it with a pair of knickers. She hummed as she walked to the balcony. Lounging happily on the chair as she flipped the channel, she couldn't help but think her life could not get any better.

After a few hours, she started getting bored by the cliché TV series she was watching and lazily glanced at the wall clock. Seeing that it was already a few minutes past ten, she stood up and happily went to the kitchen. She was still contemplating over what to prepare when a thermoflask placed on the cabinet caught her eyes and she remembered something.

No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't bring herself to believe that he would still cook for her despite what had done, so she decided to check first, however he surprised her, sitting neatly in the plates was kimbap, coupled with a plate of rice and steak. She smiled gleefully as she stared wide-eyed at the delicacies, praising him as a hundred percent husband material, she even went as far as naming him a softie in her head.

Almost drooling, she carried the thermoflask to the dining table before neatly setting the dishes. After saying her prayers, she picked up the chopsticks and started eating. However, her expression changed after she took her first bite.

What the!

' Offttt' she spat all the food in her mouth out at once and hurriedly stood up as her mouth was fire

'Too much hot sauce' she thought as she rushed to the fridge to grab a bottle of milk. Sighting it, she hurriedly grabbed it and swallowed almost half of it in huge gulps, but she spat it out at once again. It tasted so bitter and of course peppery.

She was close to tears at this point, as she fumbled around the kitchen looking for what to quench the fire that was burning inside her, she gulped the water she had poured earlier, but it didn't work, and there was no bottled water in the fridge either.

She hurried to the tap at the zinc and turned it on but instead, the water sprayed all over her, her clothes were now all wet, and they clung to her body like glue, but she wasn't even worried about that. Water she needed water.

She decided to use her bathroom's faucet instead, something she could never imagine doing on a normal day. As she was about to step out of the kitchen she stumbled against something and. Grrr...

A bowl of flower was emptied on her head, she looked like a mess now and her clothes felt all sticky and uncomfortable. She gritted her teeth as she realized it must have been Lucas messing with her. How stupid of her to think he was so easy going and wouldn't take revenge, forget revenge this was far worse than the kick she had given him yesterday. She cursed him a million times in her head before heading back to her room.

On getting to her bathroom, she hurriedly turned on the faucet as she drank from the water, 'at least this isn't sabotaged' she thought. After eating literally anything and everything that was within her reach, she finally calmed down.

Her stomach was now in so much pain due to all the things she had swallowed at once earlier, and she felt unwell. Only after she soaked herself in a hot bath for hours did she finally feel revived.

Staring at her pale figure in the mirror, she clenched her fist and swore to teach him a good lesson. She didn't go down for food for the rest of the day as she was feeling unwell moreover her stomach was already full of all she had stuffed in earlier.

Meanwhile, someone was laughing his intestines off as he watched the video of Tasha embarrassing herself on repeat. He had never felt so happy in his entire lifetime. So this was what revenge felt like? Sweet.

He hummed as he maneuvered around the kitchen and when he was done cooking, he went to the dining with a plate of hot meal in hand, and he finished it all happily. When he saw that she didn't come downstairs for dinner either, his Smile grew wider, and he wondered why she must be doing now. One thing he was sure of was that she must be pissed to death.

...

Day 8

The sun shone brighter and Tasha groaned as she stood up, she had forgotten to shut the curtains again.

Yawning, she stretched her lazy arms as she got out of bed. Heading to her wardrobe, she picked out a green T-shirt and was about to head to the bathroom for a bath when something crossed her mind. She halted her steps midway and her lips curled up evilly. Smirking, she strolled to the bathroom with a plan in mind.

As soon as she finished dressing up, she glanced at the clock and her lips curled up once again. Perfect, she thought as she opened the door and walked out of her room.

She hurriedly made her way to the kitchen with loud footsteps and just as expected, she saw him there, in his towel, holding a cup of coffee.

Ignoring his eyes that looked like they were about to devour her. She made her way to the fridge and brought out some ingredients. She planned to make rice and some vegetables to make up for the breakfast she missed the day before.

Likewise, she planned to infuriate him as revenge, but that wasn't the only thing she had in mind. Walking to the fridge, she opened it and brought out a bottle of milk. After making sure it hadn't expired yet, she poured it into a cup before returning it

Taking a sip, she sighed dramatically before putting the cup down. She grabbed the vegetables and took it to the sink to wash.

Meanwhile, Lucas was burning from anger from within. 'How could a girl be so brave that she courts death' he thought as his eyes narrowed into slits. Tasha pretended not to notice and even went as far as whistling as she chopped the vegetables.

She suddenly felt thirsty and reached her hand out for her milk, however as her eyes met his, she shivered. His expression was a thousand times colder than what she was used to.