Chapter Nine

When Lizzie entered the castle, she was immediately greeted by Jimmy.

"LIZZIE!" He exclaimed, hugging her.  "You're back!"

She nodded, grinning.

"That's right!  I'm back!" She confirmed.  Her parents watched, and then walked up to her, fWhip behind them.

"You disappeared for nearly two months with no contact, and then sent a boy from the Grimlands- the prince, nonetheless!- to tell us you were alive and that you had promised him shelter here, while you were staying with the Mezalean empire," her mother listed off, voice dripping with acid.  Lizzie nodded nervously.

"She saved my life," fWhip pointed out quietly.  "And Joel's."

"Perhaps, but she still got the Mezalean empire into a lot of trouble, and got us into a lot of trouble," she pointed out.  Lizzie's father nodded in agreement. 

"I know, Mother and Father.  I'm terribly sorry for everything I did.  But I think it might have been worth it.  I befriended the future ruler of the Mesa, and I befriended the future ruler of the Grimlands," Lizzie pointed out.  Her mother frowned, but she couldn't disagree.  This was good.

"I suppose that is true," she said. "Alright.  You're grounded for a year."

Lizzie nodded.  "Yeah, that's fair."

Jimmy grabbed his sister's arm.

"Come on, you promised you would dye my hair!" He exclaimed.  Lizzie nodded.

"I did, but I would have thought you would have had someone else do it," she said.  Jimmy shook his head.

"I waited for you!  So come on!" He whined.  She chuckled.

"Alright, Jimmy, alright, I'm coming, I'm coming."

...

"You wouldn't believe the things fWhip said," Jimmy said.

"Oh?  What did he say?" Lizzie asked, pulling out the blonde hair dye.

"He said that salmon are better than cod!  He didn't know I was listening but he said it!"

"He did what?" Lizzie asked, applying the dye. 

"Yeah, he said that!" Jimmy exclaimed.  Lizzie sighed.

"Well, he just went home, so we shouldn't have to worry," she pointed out.  Jimmy shook his head, splattering blonde hair dye.

"Jimmy!" She scolded.  He shrugged. 

"Sorry.  Anyways, I'll have to worry about it when I'm a king and I have to be allies with someone who likes salmon!"

Lizzie tipped her head.  "But you're not going to be king," she said.  Jimmy pouted.

"Yes I am!  I'm gonna be a king and I'm gonna be a king of cod, and I'm gonna be the strongest king!  You can have the ocean but I'm gonna take the swamp where the cod can live!" Jimmy argued.  Lizzie chuckled.

"We shall see, little brother, we shall see."