Izuku yawned, wincing slightly. "Fake M-Mama tells m-me off."

_______________________

Shouta suppressed a yawn as he twisted his hips, swaying his body to the side in an attempt to soothe the sobbing boy on his hips.

Izuku had managed a twenty minute nap before bursting awake, and they'd forced a small bowl of soup into him, before he feel back asleep. 

At least that lasted a couple hours, but nearly half of one later they were still unable to calm him.

His fever had also gone down, but his sudden and never-ending distress had caused it to spike. 

"Sho - what do we do?! We've tried everything but nothing - nothing has worked! Chiyo's on her way, but - but-" 

Shouta continued swaying, keeping down his own panic in favour of soothing his fiance and nephew. "Hizashi, deep breathe. Go and wait for Chiyo's car to help her up the stairs. And do not bite your nails." 

He nodded stiffly, moving out the apartment as Shouta began slowly walking around, hoping the movement would calm Izuku.

The six-year-old kept crying, screaming for Inko and wailing when she wasn't there. 

"Izuku, what can I do? Speak to me Lettuce."

He didn't receive a reply, and a few minutes later Chiyo came stumbling in, a frown on her lips. 

"Sit him on the sofa, and stay with him."

She waved her cane at Shouta, and feeling the same fear he felt from high school when she scolded him, he silently did as he was told. 

Izuku barely squirmed as he sat down, the kid on his lap, and Shouta standing besides them. She checked over him with relative ease, sighing.

Shouta felt as though his heart was going to explode - it was beating so fast and battering his rib cage he was sure he was going to die. 

"He's going to be fine, that much I am sure off. Due to the lack of a Quirk - and I've seen it a few times - his body is weaker than the average child. He's more sensitive to the fever, and the stress his body is under isn't helping. I'll heal the few scrapes on his body and hopefully it will be enough for him to sleep." 

She kissed his forehead, and after a few minutes his body sagged and eyes slipped closed, but the sleep wasn't restful.

"Do you -" He cleared his throat, conscious of the crack. "Do you know why he wasn't responding? He kept asking for Inko." 

Chiyo nodded with a sad smile. "Most possibly the fever making him unable to tell reality from dreams. When he wakes back up, make sure he drinks and eats, and then goes back to sleep. Call me if it gets worse."

Shouta nodded, laying Izuku on the sofa and bowing. "Thank you, sorry for calling you out so late." 

For once, she didn't scowl. "As you are new to this, I will allow it - providing you do not call me for ever bump and scrape. He has his own paediatrician, yes?" 

Shouta nodded. "Yes, his Social Worker gave me his number."

Chiyo patted his knee, subconsciously handing him two packs of jell sweets. "Don't beat yourself up trouble, it's not easy looking after a child. You are doing well."

She left without another word, and Shouta collapsed into Hizashi. "He's okay, physically."

Hizashi nodded, tears glistening his eyes.

"At this current moment, that's all that matters. B-Baby steps."

=====================

OPINIONS!

Would you read this:

'Shouta had always wanted a cat - it was among one of the few things he wanted more in his life. His apartment got lonely and quiet. He'd never gotten one of course, he'd rescued them but never thought himself a good owner. He could barely take care of himself, never mind another living thing. So, when he rescued a hurt kitten from an alley, he took it straight to the Shelter as his usually did. That should have been it. Except, the Kitten that had looked at him with complete love and trust with bright green eyes, seems to find his way back into his life. 

Izuku Midoriya hadn't felt love in a long time, he'd been three when his Quirk set in, and had been three when he lost his humanity. He didn't know how long it had been, maybe two years? He remembers two blistering Winters. He remembers his Father's anger, and his Mother promise - but she never did come back. Izuku Midoriya hadn't felt love in a long time - but maybe he'll be given another chance even if he stands on four paws.'

I'm thinking of writing this as well as Marshmallow, what do you guys think? If so! It'll be called 'The Stray' and a chapter or two will be released soon!

Have a good day!