𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Olinskys already on that" Hank says. Adam walks over to his best friend and asks, "you okay?"

Max nods her head, "yeah"

"A black Arcadia was found abandoned in Englewood" Kevin says, walking onto the bullpen, "it matches the description of the getaway vehicle but there's no prints. They torched it"

"White male just checked into a south side clinic about a half hour ago, two bullet wounds." Mickey says, right behind Kevin.

"Alright, Bishop and Antonio, get on it" Hank says, as the two detectives grab their jackets and Jay stands up, "no, no, no, Jay. You're in protective custody until this dies down."

"They shot my friend. They nearly killed me and Max." Jay says.

"You got a target on your back. You're not going anywhere till the targets removed"

"So I'm under house arrest?"

"You wanted to see us, sergeant?" Kim asks as she and Sean walk onto the unit. Voight looks at the two patrol officers and says, "Halstead doesn't leave your sight until I say so and he stays here at the 21st"

"You got it" Roman says.

"They don't need to stay up here to keep an eye on me. You gotta be kidding!" Jay shouts.

"Keep an eye on him" Hank says and Jay throws his jacket onto his desk.

Maxine walks down to the lobby of the district passing by Nadia, followed by Antonio when Platt says, "Bishop, you got a visitor"

Maxine looks over to see Joey in the office and mutters, "you gotta be kidding me"

"Who's that?" Dawson asks.

"I'll meet you in the car" Maxine says, walking towards the small office.

"Make it quick"

"I am in the middle of something" Max says, walking into the office.

"I've been trying to call. And I went back to the apartment and you weren't there"

"Yeah because Jay and I were shot at last night"

"You were with Jay after our fight about him?"

Maxine looks at the taller man in shock, "are you kidding me right now? I just said I was shot at and all you care about is that I was with my partner. What is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry. You know how I get. I just love you"

Max rolls her eyes, "you're insane" then she walks away, grabbing her pack of twizzlers from Platt, "happy birthday Sarg" and she leaves the district.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine and Antonio walk into the clinic and the older detective says, "where you going, Donald?"

"Do I know you?"

Both detectives show their badges on their hips and Dawson says, "what did you get treated for?"