•| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ♡

get ready, this one is a little bit longer than usual lol
also if it wasn't that obvious, this fic is formatted for mobile, so sorry if this looks weird and you're on a laptop :(

୨୧・┈┈┈・୨♡୧・┈┈┈・୨୧

Anxiety pooled up in Y/N's throat, unable to speak a word.

"So.. Are you not going to explain why the cash I had sitting out suddenly disappeared?" The girl's father spoke.

Her little brother had already run off somewhere in the house with his 'breakfast', probably the kitchen to get something weird to eat it with, or maybe a cola. She didn't really care, but as long as the thought wasn't letting her dad's scolding get to her head, she was fine.

"I knew you'd probably take a few dollars, but not all of it!" He continued, scoffing a little. Y/N took this time to dig her hand into her pocket/purse and pull out the remaining cash, $31 to be exact.

"I um, didn't spend all of it." She spoke in a hushed voice, stuttering on her words a little. As much as she didn't want to admit it, her dad intimidated her, probably even scared her a little.

She held out the cash to him, to which he grabbed it and huffed. "You're grounded."

"Huh? W-Wait I'm an adult! You can't do that!" Y/N frantically spoke, it's not like she left her room often anyway, but she wanted to at least speak to the cashier again. "...and I didn't do anything wrong! I gave the majority of the money back-" Y/N paused as she heard her father speak again.

"It's only for the night. You'll be able to do whatever you do tomorrow. Now go to your room or something, I don't really care. Just don't leave the house."

Y/N sighed in defeat, sulking away from the older man and into the kitchen. She found her brother sitting on the counter, to which she chuckled at the sight.

"Hey kiddo, where's your hat?" She pointed to his head, to which he started slowly patting the empty space. "Don't you always wear it?"

The patting suddenly became more frantic as the kid started panicking. Y/N took the hint.

"Did.. did you leave it at the store?" Player moved his hands down from his head and nodded slowly, in defeat.

"Well, I'm sorry dude, but you probably won't be able to get it for another day or two. We'll just have to hope it doesn't get snatched up." Y/N sighed and placed her head in her hand, but jolted her head up to face the boy when he started shaking her shoulders violently, tears pricking in his eyes.

"Dude! I said I was sorry! Dad grounded me, I don't think he'd want to leave the house to get your hat back, and the cashier hates you! I don't know what to do!" She grabbed his shoulders back, which made him stop shaking her. He instead pulled her into a hug. Y/N didn't know why that hat had so much value to the boy, but she knew that it would be a big deal if he didn't get it back.

The kid let go of his sister, to which she let go as well. He hopped off of the counter and sprinted out the front door. She didn't know what he would do, but it probably wouldn't be good, since he wasn't allowed in the store.

Y/N walked back into her room and checked the clock. [10:28 am]. She was still feeling drowsy from when she woke up early that morning. She silently accepted that her sleep schedule would be fucked and laid down on her bed, subsequently falling asleep.

୨୧・┈┈┈・♡ ╾━╤デ╦︻ ・┈┈┈・୨୧

Once Y/N woke up, she immediately recognized that it wasn't day anymore, so she checked her clock. [11:34 pm]. Fuck. She hadn't heard her brother come back home at all. She stood up, just to feel a slightly sticky residue on her floor, in the hallway, actually, it was everywhere.

'What the hell happened?'