•| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ♡

Once Y/N got home, making sure to close the front door quietly and sneak by the bathroom with her bossy dad in it, she set down her grocery bag full of chips on the ground and practically passed out onto her bed once she made contact with it. Sleep felt so alluring at that moment, she couldn't really do anything else but accept it in. Oh well, she'd just have to eat the chips when she woke up.

When morning struck through her window was another story though, as she immediately jolted up once the sun sat of her face for a while. She yawned. The girl almost forgot she bought chips as her foot hovered above them. The memory of her taking the money from by the bookshelf rushed through her head.

"Awh noo... Dad is gone be so pissed once he finds out I took his money.." She sighed, sluggishly standing up after kicking the bag of chips away from stepping-range. As she left her room, she peaked into the bathroom to find her dad still sleeping soundly. She took this time to quietly walk into the room and fix up her appearance a tad bit, brushing her hair, fixing her lazily applied make up, messing around with her clothes to make them look better, all of that stuff.

"What are you doing in here?.. It's like 7am.." Her father's groggy voice echoed through the quiet bathroom. Ah shit. She woke her dad up.

"Oh, I'm sorry dad. I was just about to head out to get breakfast don't mind me." Y/N grabbed the door nob and started to head out of the room before her dad interrupted her.

"Wait. Take your brother with you. I don't want to deal with him all morning." The girl wanted to groan so bad. Her brother was probably the most silent person in the family, yet the biggest nuisance in the entire world. She could see why her father didn't want to take care of him for the time being.

"...Alright, I'll do my best." Y/N sighed as she fully walked out of the bathroom and over to her brother, who was in the kitchen sleeping under the table like a madman. She slightly shook his shoulder, which led him to jolting awake and hitting his head on the top of the table.

"What's.. wrong?" The boy winced as he rubbed his head rather violently.

"Dad wants me to take you with me to get breakfast. Need some help?" The boy shook his head 'no' and crawled out from under the table, only to run over to the bookshelf and grab the stupid red cap he always wore. Y/N sighed as she walked over to the fridge, where some more of her father's cash was stashed, adding to the original money she had for a total of $45.

The boy suddenly grabbed Y/N's hand and swung it around a little bit.

"Alright alright... I'll hurry up." The girl chuckled a little. She'd better enjoy the time she had of her brother being tired before he fully woke up.

"You're fine with just going to the 24-Hour store and picking something up, yeah?" The boy nodded slowly, a small frown on his face that couldn't quite be detected by Y/N before they were outside of the house and headed towards the convenience store.

୨୧・┈┈┈・♡ ╾━╤デ╦︻・┈┈┈・୨୧

"Hey, that kid is banned from my store. He shouldn't be over here." The cashier scoffed, smoke leaving his lips. He pointed the cigarette he was smoking over at Y/N's little brother, which made his grip on her hand a little bit tighter.

"I could tell it's him from a mile away, with his bright red hat of his, and the shirt with 'Player' written on it." The cashier pointed specifically to her brother's shirt now. Her brother was becoming noticeably more uncomfortable by the second.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm sure he means no harm right now, right kiddo? He just woke up, he's probably too tired to even do anything to cause trouble." Y/N knew what her brother was capable of doing, he does do rather annoying stuff daily, but he has occasionally robbed this store for soda or some candy before. Hence the reason of his banning.

The boy nodded in agreement to Y/N's statement, not bearing to look the cashier in the eyes. The cashier sighed.

"...Alright. Just don't let that kid out of your sight. I don't want him to set a foot outside of this store without you next to him, got it?" Y/N nodded, quickly thanking him and walking into the store, as not to make her brother anymore unsettled.

The cashier took a final puff of his cigarette he was smoking, before throwing it onto the ground below him and stepping rather violently onto it.

"That brat. He shouldn't even be in my store right now..." He sighed, the last bit of smoke in his lungs escaping.

"But the girl he's with really has no bad intentions, does she? She came here earlier and didn't take anything, so why should she now?" The man stepped off of his dead cigarette and walked back in the store.

"The rules still apply. Make sure walk by over here and pay before you leave, don't want either of you to steal or anything." Cashier walked over to his checkout desk and leaned his head on his hand. This was going to be a long day.