EPILOGUE

London, February 19, 2005

"My wife said your wife was in Diagon Alley on Monday, Victor!"

"Well your wife is clearly lying since my wife said she went to Diagon Alley on Tuesday and she saw your wife talking with a young, attractive man."

"Well, my wife-"

"If I get this boring when I get around their age, please kill me," Theodore whispered to Bada, the two of them listening to the two men that made up the rest of their team bickering back and forth, only a minute before they were free to go, their shift over. Bada looked up from where she had been inspecting her nails, her lips curled into a small smile.

"You won't be this way, Theo. Blaise could never be your wife."

"My husband then," he waved her off, leaned closer so as to ensure the other two wouldn't be able to listen to them. "I mean, I'm not sure if we would ever get married. It's too soon for that, we've been together only a for few months."

"But you've known each other ever since you were days old, that's no excuse," she pointed out, her smile widening at her victory.

Theodore shook his head. "You are the one closer to marriage, not me. You live in the same house as Harry, I don't live with Blaise."

"That's no indicator, we might as well keep living together for the next ten years without getting married," she defended, looked away in an attempt to hide her smile as she gathered the last of her belongings. "Although, if it were up to my grandmother, I would have been married months ago. Probably when Harry announced he had bought a cottage by the sea so I would be able to swim every day if I wished."

"That must have well and truly won her over," he chuckled with a brief shake of his head. "It doesn't take much for your grandmother to be impressed."

"That's true," she admitted with a small laugh, "although I must admit buying a house three months into a relationship with someone is quite the step. Imagine if we broke up, he would be left with a cottage by the sea he bought for my sake. It would be rather unpleasant. I still think he wanted to buy the house anyway but he's yet to tell me who he bought it from so I can't test my theories."

"You're not going to break up."

"I know, just imagine, though, it would have been so sad. Maybe he would let me keep the house, though. He is nice like that."

"He is," he agreed, "considering he still lets Jakda and Geomeun sleep on the bed sometimes. I wouldn't have allowed that."

Bada's eyes widened in mock outrage. "You would kick my babies out?"

"Bada, they are cats."

"I raised them!"

He rolled his eyes although there was no malice behind it. Theodore and Bada were close, especially since they were transferred into a team together with two aurors neither of them particularly liked. They had each other's backs no matter what, they knew they couldn't rely on the others for that. Their bond was strong. It wasn't unusual to find them huddled together, talking in hushed tones about anything and everything.

"You said you had plans for the day?" he asked out of nowhere. Bada wasn't fazed, only nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I have. Harry and I will have dinner with Sahira. You know, the woman that lived next door to me when I had that apartment in London?"

"The muggle, yeah," he nodded, "and then you'll be getting home?"

"No, she's the one invited in my home," she explained, "afterwards, though, I'll take a dip in the waters, probably. I like swimming when it's dark."