I Want To Go Home

Perald P.O.V

I stayed seated on the bed staring at the wall on the opposite side of the room. I had been sleeping for 3 days straight. The doctor had just asked the young man who looks like Karim to come into the room. Zayn. That's his name. Apparently he has been coming around for the past 3 days. Everything felt so unreal for me. I looked at my surroundings and couldn't recognize anything. I felt as if my whole life was a big fat lie. I blinked a couple of times, hoping to wake up back home. But I failed terribly every damn time.

I want Karim. I want my parents. I want to feel normal again. My lower back hurts and the doctor was surprised at the amount of hair I have lost. My hair has always been long and she suggest I cut it because it was uneven and soon I would have bald patches. She told me that blonde from my hair is slowly fading and I felt my heartbeat drop. Karim loves my hair. Imagine how disappointed he will be knowing that I am no longer the pretty blonde girl he met?

"We did a surgery on her lower back, and she is like a new Perald. Gosh that name is awful." I heard the doctor whisper towards Zayn. What was I supposed to do about my name. "She has been sleeping for 2 days now, and she is in recovery mode, so it will take some time before you get to take her home. I hope you know that she is only 21 on the outside."

"What do you mean?" Zayn asked and I could spot the confusion in his voice. I was curious to know what she meant, as well. Now I understand why my back was hurting. I feel as if I am a car and they just replaced the old motor with a brand new. I feel complete, yet empty. I am not feeling like myself anymore.

"I feel like we are going to run some more tests before we get to the full diagnosis. Her sacral spine was taken care of, if it stayed sprained for any longer, she would have needed a wheelchair. But usually people who suffer from sacral spine pain are elders or people who have been in car accidents, and from her tests, she seems untouched. It is apparent that she inhaled some smoke from the fire, which was about to damage her lungs, that have aged as well. This girl was very lucky to have you save her." How was I lucky? I literally got dragged away from where I am supposed to be. Next to Karim.

I sat on the bed quietly and looked at my nails. They were yellow and shorter than before. When Zayn found me, my nails were long because of the time I spent in the basement. How did I even end up in the basement? All I remember is smoke over clouding the room and my eyes opening as a way to warn me that I was in danger.

I remember wanting to stand up but my legs were sore. My torax felt broken and my neck was heavy. My head was pounding and my heart was beating slower. I thought I was going to die, but then I crawled towards the door, scratching my elbows on the ground and even hitting my hip on a wooden box. I hated the fact that my dress was dirty, but there was no other way out.

When I opened the door and coughed my way out, I noticed the smoke spreading just as fast as the fire. Then I saw him. I thought it was Karim and I thought my whole life was complete. I thought we both managed to find a way to be together.

But it wasn't Karim.

It was Zayn.

"Once she leaves this place, I suggest you get her a nice haircut and maybe dye her hair because she seems to like it blonde; a cold shower and let her rest for a couple of hours. If she complains of headache or back pains, call me immediately." I heard the doctor explain and I couldn't pretend that I wasn't scared.

What does she mean I aged? The lady told me that I would only travel in time and be with Karim. All that happened was Zayn saving me and I ending up on this bed. How am I suppose to age? All I did was spend a few nights in that horrible place. For what? To end up here alone without him?

Could the people in this time even know how to do medical procedures without killing someone? I really couldn't recognize anything, I felt as if I was dead and my soul just entered hell. The room I was in was big, with white curtains to stop the sun from shinning upon me, a sofa beside my bed where Zayn had left his jacket, a dresser and a black screen above the top. Was that a television? You have to be rich in order to have one like that.

I tuned out the rest of Zayn's conversation with the doctor and pushed the sheets aside, while getting off the bed. I walked towards the screen and stared at it with curiosity. It seemed lightweight from afar, but holding onto it I learned it is actually heavier. "What are you doing?" I heard a voice behind me and I dropped the black screen on the bed.

I hope I'm not in trouble.

Zayn walked towards me and grabbed the black screen, placing it on top of the dresser. "I want to watch it while I'm on my bed. I didn't mean to cause trouble." I apologized and Zayn shook his head. I could sense his judgement from afar. I simply wanted to see if it works from up close.

"If you want to watch something on your bed, you can use my phone." He said pulling out a brick out of his back pocket. I swear to God, I thought he was going to smash my head with it.

I threw myself onto the bed and pressed my legs up against my chest. "Don't hurt me, please don't hurt me." I pleaded putting my arms in front of me. As I looked down scared, I could feel him approaching. "Please." I whispered.

Karim, please help me.

I could feel his hand reaching towards my head. As I kept chanting Karim's name, I felt Zayn's hand pat the top of my head. His fingers brushed through my hair, and I could feel the roughness of his palm against some areas on my head. I looked up at him and saw the biggest smile I have ever seen in my life. I can't even remember when Karim looked at me like that. "Here." He whispered placing the brick in front of me.

It was sort of a replica of the black screen. I looked at it amused. Then Zayn placed his finger on the side and the screen wasn't pitch black anymore. The light reflected against my face and I tried to look away, until I noticed an image projected by the screen.

I started laughing hard, I couldn't hold the brick for that long. "What's wrong?" He asked me and I handed the phone back to him.

His cheeks turned red when he noticed the image was of his shirtless, while wearing a feathered scarf around his neck. I suddenly am feeling a little bit better, but I am still wondering how I am going to find Karim and go back home.