Things Did Go Wrong...

Zayn P.O.V

"You don't even imagine how I really need to party hard tonight. My whole life is turning upside down." I said sitting next to Liam, while he friend drove to the Elmond Hotel, where there was a big party being held. I didn’t know what was the occasion but as long as I could stay away from drama, it was fine. I just had to make sure that nothing extreme happened or else my family would be aware of my double life.

“I think you will have loads of fun. All the beautiful girls go to Elmond Hotel parties. They love it there." Liam told me as he parked in front of the valet boys. Liam turned off the engine and came out of his car. I got out of it and watched Liam hand his keys to one of the valet boys, who got inside the car and drove off towards the parking lot. 

The valet boy came back running to Liam and handed him a number for his keys. Liam thanked him and he walked inside the hotel, and I followed by staying behind him. I was hearing the music pumping out loud through the speakers inside the party area. We walked through the lobby and stopped in front of the doors for the dance salon, which was being guarded by a tall, well built woman. "40 pounds to get in. Must be over 18." 

The woman had asked and Liam and I gave our share of the money and showed our IDs. The woman stepped on the side and both of us entered the room. The music had gotten louder and the lights were flashing on our faces. They each were different filters so the room was flooding with blue, red and green lights and the mixtures of them. 

I was the first one to arrive at the bar. I had to pass through the sea of people dancing around. I wanted to start drinking as soon as possible and dance all night long. Liam met up with me and we ordered our drinks, shots for Liam and sex on the beach for me. I was swaying my head back and forth, enjoying the music, while having my eyes closed. I opened my eyes when the bartender called my attention and when I averted my eyes to the side when I spotted a familiar face. I squinted my eyes and shook my head not wanting to believe it. 

"Is that Jade?" I asked Liam and pointed towards the familiar face. Liam made a guilty face and looked away pretending he couldn't see. I knew when Liam was hiding something and his reaction towards seeing Jade just proved it. "You invited her?" I questioned him in a very accusing way. Liam put his hands up acting all innocent. 

"Listen! I swear that all I did was mention the hotel. She asked me what was I doing tonight and I said I would be attending this party." Liam explained but he couldn't avoid the smack I gave him. Liam was one of the brightest guys I ever knew but right now he sounded really dumb. How could he not see Jade's plan?

"Of course! Jade knew you would be with me. And now she is here and I have to say goodbye to the fun I was about to have." I said and grabbed my drink while sulking. Liam looked where Jade was and noticed her approaching them, while holding hands with someone.

"She brings company." Liam whispered to me and I looked at Jade walking towards us while holding Mario's hand. I rolled my eyes and sipped my drink down in one go. 

"Could I have another please?" I asked the bartender and placed the glass down. I knew I would need more drink to live it through the night. 

"Zayn and Liam! You two are here." Jade squealed acting all excited. 

"Yeah, you sort of knew we were here Jade." Liam told her and Jade ignored him. Mario and I nodded at each other, but I could feel the tension. I knew everything and he was probably wondering whether I opened my mouth to anyone. 

"Whatever. We are here to celebrate Mario's big news." Jade explained and I stared at Mario. I couldn't believe that Mario had the guts to tell Jade about his engagement to Veronica. How could Jade be celebrating?

"What are you guys celebrating?" Liam asked and I looked away. As much as I didn't like Jade, I knew she deserved better. 

"Mario just closed a big deal and now we are going to get drunk!" Jade announced and tapped on the counter to call the attention of the bartender. "Oi! Hit us with some flaming Vodka shots." Jade asked and the bartender gave her a little nod and handed my drink, before preparing Jade's shots. 

I stood up and brushed past Mario, whispering on his ear. "Is the deal a lie?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Jade doesn't even know we are celebrating my engagement." Mario told me and I just wanted to punch him. "Women are so clueless."

I walked away and started dancing with random people on the dance floor. I was just getting loose and not giving a damn care about the people. I am tired of always having to give a care. I don't care that I won't ever be a model or the fact that my family will probably force me to get married to a girl I don't love. I don't care anymore and I will do whatever I want. 

"Get off of her!" I heard Liam yell, followed by a big thump on the floor. I turned around and saw Mario and Liam fighting two random guys, while Jade was pushing the third one away. I walked over there to help them. I decided to help Jade first and pushed the guy while grabbing onto her hand. 

"We can share her!" The guy that was holding Jade slurred all over me. I pushed him off hard and he bumped against the counter, where Jade's flaming shots fell over the other side and the bar was caught on fire. People started to scream and run around, and the fire was spreading like wildfire. 

"Let's get out of here!" Liam yelled and he pushed one of the guys that he was fighting and stood up quickly. He held onto Jade, while I helped Mario stand up. We started running over the exit when I heard a faint cry for help. I tried to ignore it but it kept chanting and I couldn't avoid looking back. 

I saw a girl stumbling side to side, while coughing hard. She held onto the edge of the counter, but slipped and fell backwards. I ran towards her and grabbed her face to check if I could wake her up. I grabbed her face with both of my hands and stared at her. She had long blonde hair, filled with smudges from probably the charcoal on the walls. I tapped on her face slightly and she suddenly opened her eyes and breathed out. 

She stared back at me startled. She lifted her hands with much struggle, until they reached my face. "We made it my love. We made it...Karim." She whispered and fainted down. I didn't understand and placed my hands under my body and picked her up. I carried her out of the place as the fire followed us. I don't know what she meant by that, but from the looks of it, it seems as if she was trapped somewhere.