Chapter 13

Timeskip again cuz I want to end the story with proposal.
More notes at the end ^^

Ajax age 28, Lumine age 28

"Ajax, come on! Let's go already", Lumine called for Childe impatiently from the distance.

"Just a moment, Oujo-chan!", he told her as he went back to talk to his phone, "Scara, hurry up! The boat is about to depart."

His friend argued from the other line with a loud honking in the background, "shut up! You try driving from your apartment to the harbor in 5 mins!"

Signora added from his side, "Watch it, we aren't the one who forgets HIS proposal ring on HIS anniversary trip!"

Childe groaned, "I know, I know. Please, guys, be faster."

He hung up his phone when he saw Lumine coming towards him with a frown.

She frowned, "Ajax, I thought you have finished all your work?"

He laughed nervously, "haha, yeah yeah I did. They just wanted to make sure of some files. Nothing to worry about."

She crossed her hands in front of her and glared at his phone, "I know, work is important but it's our time."

He gently held her waist and kissed her forehead to ease her anger, "I'm sorry, Oujo-chan. I will turn off all work calls after this one, ok?"

She snuggled deeper into his embrace and sighed contently, "you'd better be."

He shifted her attention, "so, what do you want to do when we reach there? It has been a while since we have been there. The last time was when we first confessed to each other, right?"

She nodded and giggled, "I can't believe it has been 6 years since then."

He nudged her face with his nose, "hey, what do you mean by 'I can't believe'? Do you think we would not last this long?"

She laughed at his pout. She stood her tiptoes to give him a peck, "I meant it as 'I can't believe it has been 6 years since then'."

His pout turned into a small smirk, "it has only been 6 years. We are going to be together even longer."

As they leaned into each other again, a grumbling voice interrupted them, "oh wow! Look at that. When we were fighting with the time, he was having a moment."

Lumine stepped away with surprise, "Scara and Signora? What are you guys doing here? I didn't know you are coming along."

Scaramouche snorted, "no, we aren't. We are here because someone forgot his-"

Childe rushed and shut him up, "haha, yeah. Thanks for bringing me my keys."

Lumine raised one eyebrow, "keys? Didn't you have it in your backpack?"

When Childe sweated nervously, Signora got closer to distract her, "forget them, how have you been? Didn't you mention you have a surprise in the group chat?"

Lumine's cheeks tinted with blush and looked at Childe if he heard that. Thankfully, Childe was busy talking with Scaramouche about something in a hushed tone.

She looked back to Signora and answer, "l-later. I will talk to you girls later."

Signora was confused about her unusual nervous manner. She has never been nervous like this after she confessed to Childe. If she's behaving like this, it's something concerned with Childe. But, what could make her nervous like this? Then, she got a light bulb moment. She closed her mouth with both hands to silence her excitement.