Chapter 3

Dain, Childe and Lumine have returned from the market and are now preparing to cook dinner.

"Princess, can you hand me the knife?", Dain asked Lumine while rolling up his shirt sleeve.

"Here you go", she gave it to him after tying her apron. She turned to Childe, "Childe, it's ok. We'll prepare the dinner. Go shower first".

"But, we always cook together. What's the difference?", he asked her with a frown.

"Childe, the kitchen is too crowded for three people. There's no need for you to do it", she told him. 'There's no way I'm gonna let them cook together. NOPE. I don't wanna see their accidental touches'.

"WHAT?! Oujo-chan, are you really choosing to cook with him, rather than with me?", he gave her kicked-puppy-expression.

'Oh no. He's pulling that face. Damn, why's he so kissable like that?'. She took a breath and told him, "it is not like that, Childe". She walked up to him, "Dain, promise us to cook dinner while he is here. We always cook together, aren't we? Can you give Dain this time?"

He frowned even deeper when he realized that she was not siding with him. He grumbled silently and turned his face to the side to show that he is not happy with her choice.

'Awww~ he's pouting. Stay still my heart' Lumine stepped closer to his face and smiled sweetly, "come on. I promise I will spar with you one more extra round this week."

He turned back and stared at her for a moment before saying, "I want two."

She giggled at his little pout, "ok, two it is, then."

He finally smiled at her and if he had puppy tail, it would be wagging by now. He gave Dain a glare before going to take a shower.

Dain asked her after Childe left the kitchen, "is he your best friend who is supposed to be gay?"

'Oh no. Is Dain interested in Childe?' She screamed internally. "Huh. Yeah. Why?", she asked him slowly.

He turned his back to her, "no reason. Just for confirmation."

'Dain, please don't be interested in him' she hoped quietly and returned to prepare ingredients.

~

Childe quickly returned after taking shower. Though he can't help in kitchen, he kept watching them with eyes like a hawk. When Lumine asked, he just shrugged and said nothing. Only after the dinner is done, he pulled Lumine away from Dain and asked her to go take a shower and that he would set the table. Dain, too, took a shower in the guest room. Aether and Amber arrived shortly after they had taken shower.

"Smells delicious! I'm starving", Aether announced immediately at the door.

"Well, hello to you, too", Dain remarked him with a small smile.

"Ah yes. Our favorite babysitter", he laughed and greeted Dain with a bro hug.

"Did you grow taller?", Dain asked him which was retorted with, "not as tall as you, I'm afraid", and released him from the hug.

"Hello, Dain. Nice to see you again", Amber greeted Dain with a friendly smile.

"Good to see you, Amber. Is that Baron Bunny?", he asked her.

She gasped with a surprise, "you knew her?"

"Yeah, the twins told me", he replied.

"Oh really?", she smiled happily and turned to her boyfriend, "I knew you love her". She looked back to Dain and started explained him about her bunny excitedly.