Chapter 1

"Come on, is that the best you can do?", he taunted.

That cheeky expression...

"I could do my best if you just shut your damn mouth!", the blonde man cursed and continued his attacks.

"Sure, sure. Whatever floats your boat", he chuckled.

That amused chuckle...

"Oh! Almost but not enough", he flipped the blonde man by kicking his defenseless leg. He chuckled again, "Where's your mind at, Aether?" and held out his hand to laying blonde man.

Those long limbs...

"Argh. I think Amber's mad at me", Aether replied and took his hand.

"Amber? Why would she?" he asked and then gasped comically, "don't tell me you forgot her pet bunny's birthday".

That fake gasped expression...

"What the fuck! How did you remember that?" Aether asked him while wearing tired expression.

"Dude, she had been skipping around and preparing balloons with 'happy birthday' printed on yesterday", he chuckled with amusement lighten up in his eyes.

Those deep-sea blue eyes...

"Arrr, great. Even YOU know", Aether said while pinching his nose.

"Hey! I'm just better observer than you are, you dumbass", he retorted.

"Oh, really? Then, predict this!" Aether yelled and held him in playful headlock.

That messy ginger hair... She sighed dreamily.

"Lumi? Lumine!" her wine-coloured friend called at her.

"Wha? What?" Lumine woke up from her daydream.

"Ugh, not Childe again!" Rosaria complained.

"No! I am not!" Lumine tried to deny but Rosaria gave her unconvinced expression.

Her another friend, Keqing sighed and said, "well, that's not new. Anyway, we accept your invitation to go on a trip before we jumped into our career lives. Since you haven't chosen where, we are debating where to go."

"Yeah, where do you two choose?", Lumine smiled and focused back to her friends. She and her friends are currently sitting on the gym floor, having a break after a kickboxing training session.

"I'm thinking of trekking Dragonspine and Keqing here wants to visit seaside", Rosaria told her.

"I'm tired of mountains, my hometown is in Liyue, my college is in Liyue. I want some sea,too", Keqing explained and pleaded to Lumine, "you understand, right?"

"Well... Aether and I haven't been to seaside for at least 3 years so why not?", Lumine answered while giving Rosaria a puppy face. Keqing also gave a puppy face to her.

"Urgh, I didn't want sunburn. Fine, fine. We'll go seaside", Rosaria complied.

"Yes!" Lumine and Keqing high-fived each other.

"Hey! What're you girls doing?" the man with ginger hair asked and sat beside Lumine that caused her heart skipped a beat.

"The twins are planning one last trip before our careers separate us", Keqing said and tossed Aether a water bottle which he caught and thanked her.

"Trip? Without me? Oujo-chan, how dare you?!" he gasped.

"Relax, I can't go anywhere without you tagging along, Childe", Lumine said while looking into his deep-sea blue eyes.