Flustered Confessions

Start from the beginning

"You really want to kiss me again, don't you?"

George's mouth drops open as his cheeks ignite. "I thought I was supposed to make you embarrassed," he defends.

"Oh whoops," I chuckle at him.

Before I can recover, his face becomes determined and he pulls forward stopping only inches from my face. His breath blows lightly across my lips and I stare wide eyed at him.

"How's this?" he whispers.

I take a deep breath as my chest tightens and my cheeks heat up. "That's, umm..."

The fear of what George will think of me as a blob courses through my veins. I breathe rapidly as I feel myself start to shrink down. I suddenly get the urge to get up and run, but George's gaze makes me stay seated.

I slowly shrink away from his face, my body tightens into blob form, and George watches with wide eyes.

"What-?"

He looks down at the little plushie blob that was me. He shakes his head in disbelief. His finger pokes at my pink cheeks.

"Is that... you?"

I stare silently up at him.

"How did- what happened?" He tucks his hands under me and lifts me up to his face. I lay in his warm fingers staring at his freckle dotted cheeks and dark brown eyes. His head tilts to the side as he stares at me. "I could kiss you now," he remarks, with a smirk.

My brain melts. If he kisses me now, I feel like I will be stuck like this forever.

He puckers his lips dramatically and laughs at himself.

Gosh... why is he so cute? At this rate, I'll never change back.

He smiles at me. "It's not like you can do anything about it." He shrugs and his lips hit my forehead. 

My little cheeks flash red and I feel like I am sizzling in his hands. He chuckles at himself again. "I'm going to get so much crap about that."

Not any more crap than what I thought I would get for kissing you.

His eyes watch me expectantly as if waiting for me to grow back. I sigh silently. Why didn't I tell him all the rules before I shrunk down?

"What now?" he asks me, the mute blob.

I continue to blush at him with a cute little smile. He stares back with a similar smile, one that makes me want to blush, which makes me want to yell at him. Yep, this is a forever thing now...

George stands up with me in his hands. I want to squirm away so I can become myself again, to explain everything, to get mad at his cuteness. He walks in the bathroom and gently places me on the counter facing the mirror.

"Look at how cute you are Dream," he points at me through the mirror. "I should take a picture."

No, I want to scream, Please no.

His phone enters his fingers before it slides back into his pocket. His eyes go wide. "Wait. I have an idea, stay there!"

His feet carry him from the bathroom, finally leaving me alone.

As if I could go anywhere, George.

I focus on changing back. I take deep breaths and let my mind relax. I feel a familiar twist in my gut and I expand across the bathroom counter before collapsing onto the floor with a thud and an "ouch!"

The bathroom door is swung open and George stands in the doorway with an assortment of items resting in his hands. He stares wide eyed at me sitting on the floor rubbing my now sore butt.

"George!" I exclaim angrily, getting on my feet. "What are you doing?"

He stands in shock, before quickly recovering. He holds up the random items in his hands, tissue paper, a pink cup, a bow, among other things.

"Photo shoot?" he tries, with a shy smile.

"A photo shoot? Are you crazy?"

He shy's away. "I just thought you looked cute," he tries to defend.

I roll my eyes and sigh. I couldn't get angry at George. He didn't do anything wrong. At least not on purpose, I think.

"Okay, yeah. But just so you know, I consider this a curse. A curse. Okay?" George nods feebly as I continue, softer. "And there are things I hate about it, and things you still don't understand that I need to explain."

George hands drop and he lightly places the items on my desk. "Good idea. I'm still confused anyway."

We enter my room and sit ourselves on my bed.

Thanks for reading! Didn't know exactly where I was going with this so I hope it's alright. :]

1339 words