1. In The Beginning, There Was Ayanokouji

Start from the beginning

"Because I wanted to," I stated.

"You didn't answer my question." Unbeknownst character probably wants to continue this argument.

"What I mean is, I don't want to answer your question," I said and slowly put both my hands in my pockets while lifting my head faintly. This position is said to exude superiority. It should intimidate her subconsciously.

"Tch!.. You are annoying. Stay away from me." Unbeknownst character got angry. She quickened her pace and left ahead of me.

Well, I don't mind doing that, but...

You don't get to tell me what to do. Since you had the courage to approach me, I'll find you somehow and use this very first interaction as an excuse to build a relationship. But only because I'm bored and I desire to. Plus you look attractive, and I think I felt little Johnny twitch for a second.

Smugging once again, I bounced to the entrance ceremony. It was a breeze. I had my earpiece on. No one called me out since I bought a camouflage-skinned version of it. Khalid's songs kept playing on repeat, and I was half relaxed, while half focused on the speaker. My brain power did not need to go full speed here.

Everyone, except me, suffered death via boredom.

We made our way to class an hour afterwards.

.

.

( * time skip to the inside of Class D * )

.

.

It seems that god is on my side. Contained within this class, are the first three people whom I consider to be my very own entertainment centre. The Blondie and the Beauty with the added bonus of my personal Johnny twitching machine. I couldn't help but smile genuinely at this convenient moment.

My neighbor looked at me and was about to say something, but froze

My neighbor looked at me and was about to say something, but froze. She didn't say anything for a while. My peripheral vision caught her. She just kept staring at me with her mouth agape.

Seeing as some time has passed, I decided to break her focus.

"Hmm?" I turned with the smile still on my face.

She became flustered and moved her mouth repeatedly - trying to put together a response - before actually responding. "C-creepy. W-who taught y-you to smile like that?"

She managed to speak, albeit in a dying voice. I could tell that what she said was not what she truly wanted to say. How do I know? Because she took a few seconds to reply instead of just speaking on command.

I studied her face a little and saw that her cheeks were tainted with a hue of pink. Why was that? I decided to play a trick on her.

"My mother, of course. She thought me to always be genuine and true to how I feel. And right now, I'm genuinely happy to have made it into this prestigious school. Are you saying the smile I'm wearing is not appropriate for this situation? Do you mean her teachings were not effective enough?" I answered, with a fake empathetic voice.

"N-no. That's not what I mean. J-just forget what I said! Hmp." She remarked and angrily started gazing at the novel she was previously reading. Her expression suggested that she was deep in thought about her actions.

Wow, she easily fell for it. That means she's susceptible to lies, huh? I'll keep that in mind.

I left the belligerent chick and tilted my head towards the Blondie. His presence was as defiant as the last time I saw him. I thought of some scenarios where I am to approach him. He'll looks to be the type of person who only acknowledges those superior to him. I assumed that based on his tone towards the old lady on the bus earlier.

Looks like I'll just have to be the first one here to put him to shame, then. Maybe through a competition? Yeah. I'll bet something so excessive to capture his interest.

I began to grimace while thinking of my next moves.

Meanwhile, everyone else were fairly getting to know each other. Social circles are being created right before my eyes. Standing amongst them all, is the Bus-Beauty who I've come to know as Kushida. I heard her introduce herself to our classmates individually.

( . . . )

"Ahem! Can I have everyone's attention?" A boy announced. I overheard some of the girls calling him Yosuke, so that must be his name.

When everyone quieted down a bit, he began.

[A/N: Everything went according to Anime & LN, except for Kiytaka's introduction.]

.

.

( * 11 minutes later * )

.

.

"Ahh... okay! How about you there, sitting by the window?" Hirata finally turned to me after half the class have already introduced themselves.

( * Sigh * )

.

.

.

.

.

.

[ A/N: Don't ask about the title. I couldn't find an interesting one so I just put What nonsense came to mind ( °3°). ]

Word Count: 1426